Training Camp and Preseason Thread.

onejayhawk

33 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I wonder about the possibility of Erving at LG. Morse is not fully up yet, clearly. Just as clearly Erving can play inside.

J

Personally I wish we'd keep him at swing tackle. He did ok playing LT against the Broncos in week 17. If Ehinger can pick up where he left off in 2016 I think he'll easily win the LG spot. I wonder if he was still hurt last year and that's why he never got the chance to start outside of the Broncos game.

Erving was terrible for the Browns playing inside and he's looked ok at OT for us. I'd prefer to keep him there and let him develop at one position.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Personally I wish we'd keep him at swing tackle. He did ok playing LT against the Broncos in week 17. If Ehinger can pick up where he left off in 2016 I think he'll easily win the LG spot. I wonder if he was still hurt last year and that's why he never got the chance to start outside of the Broncos game.

Erving was terrible for the Browns playing inside and he's looked ok at OT for us. I'd prefer to keep him there and let him develop at one position.

Agreed he looked pretty bad at RG as well, I’d prefer we keep him strictly at LT/RT.  Hopefully he added some strength this offseason as he doesn’t have functional strength in his base to play on the interior.  

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

-Erving seems to be solidifying himself at guard

I think he’s always had the footwork and will look good in Training Camp settings.

I question whether he can actually anchor, the big guys, once the games start. 

4 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

I think he’s always had the footwork and will look good in Training Camp settings.

I question whether he can actually anchor, the big guys, once the games start. 

Well we'll have to see  but hes our starter there now if the season started today.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Well we'll have to see  but hes our starter there now if the season started today.

That scares the crap out of me. I wish I knew what was going on with Ehinger. He looked pretty good before the injury and now he can't beat Witzmann or Erving?

Reid is saying Ragland could play, so they may just be cautious. 

I like the thought of Erving at LG. Ehringer is not very athletic and this season promises to open the field up. 

As a footnote, I saw a list of great OL. Our Roaf/Waters/Wiegmann/Shields/Welbourn line of 15 years ago ranked #2 all time. Imagine if they could have found a Mitchell Schwartz then.

There was talk about using a no-huddle offense, like the Kelley/Thomas/Reed Bills of the early 1990s. Has anything come of that?

J

Some backend roster moves:

C Tejan Korma, the #2 center on the first depth chart: waived injured, will go to IR
C Jack Allen claimed off waivers from Chicago

CB Ashton Lampkin to Res/PUP with failed physical
LB OthaPeters signed

LB Reggie Ragland passed his physical. Wonder when will seehim on the field though.

Question answered: Today

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article216138315.html

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Sorensen hurt his knee and he's going to miss some time, potentially into the regular season. They said it isn't a torn ACL though.

While that sucks for him, I'm really looking forward to seeing Watts, Murray, and Golden get a shot.

And McQuay ?

Agreed McQuay isn’t the most physical player.  I still like his skill set though.  He’s on par with Murray for me, both have the foot quickness but aren’t physical players at all.   Just think McQuay has a little more “twitch” in his game.   Hoping one of them can take Husain Abdullah’s old role,  both have similar skill sets to him. 

The 1st team offense will play 2 quarters against the Falcons. That should help them to find a rhythm and score some points.

Meanwhile Berry missed the 3rd day. Hopefully just a precautious action.

We will also bring in CB Orlando Scandrick for a visit after he's been cut by the Redskins earlier this week. According to PFF he wasn't that good last season, but we do need help at the CB position.

Archived