Bucs training camp discussion - IT'S HAPPENING

bucsfan333

I wonder if we'd just roll with four active LBs on gamedays, with Beck part of the inactives. We've only kept five LBs most of the last few years, so it'll continue to be 65%+ just Kwon and Lavonte playing. We've got extra DBs/WRs for special teams.

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder if we'd just roll with four active LBs on gamedays, with Beck part of the inactives. We've only kept five LBs most of the last few years, so it'll continue to be 65%+ just Kwon and Lavonte playing. We've got extra DBs/WRs for special teams.

I think they may view Cichy to play both strong and middle.  If Bullough makes the team , I dont think they viee him as fast enough to play middle.

42 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think Koetter is the best designer and play caller of offense the club s history.  And I am an avid Chucky supporter.  However, his greatest weakness which he has to fix right now is preferring to play RBs whose greatest strength is pass blocking over actual running ability.  He can scheme and play call around a RB who isnt great at blocking, but continuing to play RBs who dont avg over 3.6 yds/carry is killing the offense.  

This reminds me just how bad the dline was last season. Ayers is still unsigned.  Baker was lucky to be signed. McDonald hasn't been cleared to play yet because of a shoulder.  I m glad backs are against the wall for everyone, let s see what they got.

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I think Koetter is the best designer and play caller of offense the club s history.  And I am an avid Chucky supporter.  However, his greatest weakness which he has to fix right now is preferring to play RBs whose greatest strength is pass blocking over actual running ability.  He can scheme and play call around a RB who isnt great at blocking, but continuing to play RBs who dont avg over 3.6 yds/carry is killing the offense.  

I like Barber but there better be a massive dose of Jones this season. He should be the starter week one.

57 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I like Barber but there better be a massive dose of Jones this season. He should be the starter week one.

If Barber is the better back, I hope he gets more snaps. I don't care about draft status or anything. 

I think Barber might be the better receiver too.

I don't care about draft slot either. We've had a plodded be the lead back the last five years? One of these years we will have a lead back that can produce better than 3 ypc. Young, fresh, explosive legs. Jones will do it this year if old Dirk doesn't wait until the season is almost over before he let's him shine.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

If Barber is the better back, I hope he gets more snaps. I don't care about draft status or anything. 

I think Barber might be the better receiver too.

I do think it is fair to question Koetter s preferences for what he considers a good back.  Outside of Koetter, I can remember Blount got run out of town because all he could do was run the ball.  He led the league at least once in rushing TDs and has at least 2 Super Bowl Rings.  I hope Koetter gets it right because Fitzmagic won't be able to carry the load at his age.

Archived