Bucs training camp discussion - IT'S HAPPENING

bucsfan333

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Speedy Reedy and Wilson fighting for that roster spot.

Bobo and Watson have looked good so far at WR. The competition there is tight. Reedy might have to stand out as a returner to make the team.

I haven't seen or heard anything about Quizz. But I imagine it's him or Wilson for that potential fourth RB spot.

We have lots of competition un camp, really good thing.. RB 3LB WR CB

i hope Watson make the team!

6 minutes ago, ScuB29 said:

We have lots of competition un camp, really good thing.. RB 3LB WR CB

i hope Watson make the team!

Oh definitely. The top four WRs are set. But we've got a spot or two wide open after that. And a mess of guys fighting for them.

Barber is gonna start. At least for a little bit. But Wilson has given himself a chance to make the team over Sims or Quizz.

Our LB depth after our top four is also wide open. But with running nickel defense like 70% of the time, we've only kept five LBs most of the last couple years. So Cichy, Lynch, Bond, and Bullough are possibly fighting for one spot.

CB is a mess, really. ? Bounce is our number one, no question. But after him it's all up for grabs. Ryan Smith looks 100x better than last year and I haven't heard anything really bad about VHIII. But the rookies Stewart and Davis have been turning some heads. Those five will make the team but it's anybody's guess as to who starts.

Safety is lacking in skill right now but the potential is there. And J Evans, Conte, Whitehead, and Tandy are all probably locks.

Just now, ScuB29 said:

Another good fight between Cappa and Benenoch for the starting RG spot! But man cappa run blocking is for Real!

Benenoch is nasty too. But I don't know how much better he can get. Cappa has the physical tools to do it and do it early. And he's showing it already.

Cappa and Benenoch weaknesses are pass blocking. Both guys still try to pass block like tackles which is bad technique. Whoever figures that out first between now and opening day will get the job. I honestly want to see Benenoch win it. Mostly because I am good friends with his big brother Josh.

4 minutes ago, indifference said:

Cappa and Benenoch weaknesses are pass blocking. Both guys still try to pass block like tackles which is bad technique. Whoever figures that out first between now and opening day will get the job. I honestly want to see Benenoch win it. Mostly because I am good friends with his big brother Josh.

Benenoch is kinda narrow and Cappa is really raw. Pass blocking is gonna be a process for both guys.

I agree that I want Benenoch to win too. But that's because I want Cappa at RT eventually.

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Speedy Reedy and Wilson fighting for that roster spot.

Bobo and Watson have looked good so far at WR. The competition there is tight. Reedy might have to stand out as a returner to make the team.

I haven't seen or heard anything about Quizz. But I imagine it's him or Wilson for that potential fourth RB spot.

Bobo sounds like he has been doing well so far. 

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Benenoch is kinda narrow and Cappa is really raw. Pass blocking is gonna be a process for both guys.

I agree that I want Benenoch to win too. But that's because I want Cappa at RT eventually.

I kind of want Cappa to win the spot and start getting some game experience so when the time comes or if there is an injury he can just slide right on over to tackle and not be coming in all green 

33 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I kind of want Cappa to win the spot and start getting some game experience so when the time comes or if there is an injury he can just slide right on over to tackle and not be coming in all green 

I'm already assuming Cappa's gonna start at least three games when Dotson gets hurt. Unless Wester continues to impress.

But I think Benenoch has too much of a leg up to actually lose his starting pot without injury.

I could be wrong.

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I'm already assuming Cappa's gonna start at least three games when Dotson gets hurt. Unless Wester continues to impress.

But I think Benenoch has too much of a leg up to actually lose his starting pot without injury.

I could be wrong.

I haven't been that impressed by his play, but I do have to admit I didn't really watch some of the games that JW didn't play and others it was hard to find a stream that worked so I might be off on my thoughts on Benenoch.

36 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I haven't been that impressed by his play, but I do have to admit I didn't really watch some of the games that JW didn't play and others it was hard to find a stream that worked so I might be off on my thoughts on Benenoch.

He played RG and RT last year. He's not as nimble as you'd like an OT to be. And he's got kind of a narrow frame for a guy his size. The belief (and hope) is that moving him to guard will help hide his pass blocking inefficiencies and more utilize his strength of run blocking.

Archived