Bucs training camp discussion - IT'S HAPPENING

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

I’m happy we got talent because I was tired of seeing Brees and Ryan rip us for 300+ yard games. Granted those didn’t happen everytime but they happen too often.

We've got Big Ben, Wentz, Alex Smith, Jimmy G, Dak, Eli, and Cam/Brees/Matty Ice x2. 

That's a tough slate.

Gotta get those reps. We might have one spot up for grabs.

McCoy, Allen, Vea, and Unrein are all but guaranteed at DT.

JPP, Curry, Gholston, Spence, Clarke seem to be all but locks. 

We might keep 10 guys, which leaves one spot open. And someone could surprise and send Clarke packing. But it's an uphill battle for everyone not named in this post.

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I wouldn’t say Clarke is a lock. They have two guys in curry and gholston who can play inside and out. He’ll have to prove himself. 

Wonder where Stevie T. Fits into the rotation and battle in camp. 

We were really high on Stevie T last year. But it seems odd to keep a fifth NT on the roster. I'd guess practice squad or IR again.

I don't think he goes anywhere unless someone steals him.

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Not us but I like this. A little hazing from the head coach. "You're just another guy on this team now."

Are those guys still in 50 and 60 numbers? I thought that was just for minicamp.

Belichick runs a next level programme for that kind of stuff. 

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't care that he isn't vocal, or that he helps guys from other teams get up of the field. McCoy is absolutely one of the leaders on this team.

I’d rather he showed up consistently. My main annoyance with McCoy is that he seems to drift in and out of games.

We’ll see how well he does now that he finally has a supporting cast.

5 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I’d rather he showed up consistently. My main annoyance with McCoy is that he seems to drift in and out of games.

We’ll see how well he does now that he finally has a supporting cast.

Having legitimate depth behind for the first time in his career should also help keep him fresh for four quarters. No more of this playing 80-90% of the snaps bull**** that he's done forever.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Having legitimate depth behind for the first time in his career should also help keep him fresh for four quarters. No more of this playing 80-90% of the snaps bull**** that he's done forever.

Very true. It will hopefully extend his career too since he’ll basically play 200-300 fewer snaps per season.

Thats assuming he goes from 90% down to 60-70%.

Archived