Packers Sign LS Goode

Cakeshoppe

Too bad they have not found someone that is capable enough on the snap to take over for Goode. They could really use a better defender on the middle of the field. Goode has lost a step and does not defend the center of the field as well as you would like anymore. Trying to get younger and more athletic there is a good endeavor. However, if you cannot get the snap to the punter and the holder so the laces are set, what you do after the snap is not going to matter much. Let's see how the camp battle progresses.

2 hours ago, PackFan4Life said:

Too bad they have not found someone that is capable enough on the snap to take over for Goode. They could really use a better defender on the middle of the field. Goode has lost a step and does not defend the center of the field as well as you would like anymore. Trying to get younger and more athletic there is a good endeavor. However, if you cannot get the snap to the punter and the holder so the laces are set, what you do after the snap is not going to matter much. Let's see how the camp battle progresses.

Dead serious, I mean, how many LS's are amazing "defenders" I can think of a couple, and I obviously don't know them all. But I kinda don't care as long as his snaps are consistent as hell. Trying to get cute at LS for a guy who's gonna make more tackles and stuff like that is something I personally pass on it.

I think it's like AG said, had an injury AFAIK, waited to get healthy, came back. They tried in the mean time to see if something could work, didn't, so be it.

14 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Dead serious, I mean, how many LS's are amazing "defenders" I can think of a couple, and I obviously don't know them all. But I kinda don't care as long as his snaps are consistent as hell. Trying to get cute at LS for a guy who's gonna make more tackles and stuff like that is something I personally pass on it.

I think it's like AG said, had an injury AFAIK, waited to get healthy, came back. They tried in the mean time to see if something could work, didn't, so be it.

How many are? I do not know and I do not care really. I just know they are trying to get more athletic at that position to help defend. However, as stated, they are not going to compromise the most essential function of the position, which is to get the ball to the punter and holder on time, at the right spot with the football in the correct position. The organization is striving for more at a cheaper rate without compromising on the essential. That is a good thing.

Love the move.  A Crosby make or miss will mean the difference of a win or loss, probably multiple ones.

If Goode is a split second slower getting downfield than Hart?  Well, I"m not sure that is as bad as a poor snap, or a less consistent snap.

45 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Love the move.  A Crosby make or miss will mean the difference of a win or loss, probably multiple ones.

If Goode is a split second slower getting downfield than Hart?  Well, I"m not sure that is as bad as a poor snap, or a less consistent snap.

Yeah that's my thinking. I don't ever want to prioritize a bit faster or a bit cheaper at LS. I guess that was my point. 

Archived