2018 Training Camp Thread

Woz

58 minutes ago, Woz said:

Would like it sooner than later.

Right now, I think the "put Ty Nsekhe in as LG / Geron Christian in as primary swing tackle" plan makes the most sense.

I would hope so, but when your OL coach is gushing over Shawn Lauvao, it kinda tells you where his loyalties lie. Also, I believe Callahan has more autonomy over the OL & running game than any other positon position coach has over their group of players.

From what I can tell, Gruden pretty much delegates the OL and the entire running game to Callahan. Gruden focuses mostly on the QBs/passing game and being the HC. I’m not sure how much Gruden deals with the OL and running game or even if he does at all. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

I would hope so, but when your OL coach is gushing over Shawn Lauvao, it kinda tells you where his loyalties lie. Also, I believe Callahan has more autonomy over the OL & running game than any other positon position coach has over their group of players.

From what I can tell, Gruden pretty much delegates the OL and the entire running game to Callahan. Gruden focuses mostly on the QBs/passing game and being the HC. I’m not sure how much Gruden deals with the OL and running game or even if he does at all. 

One would think that Lauvao's liabilities as a pass protector would encourage Gruden to say "how about we put someone else there?"

Just now, turtle28 said:

That’s the poor character label that got Derrius Guice! ? 

I wouldn't be complaining one iota if we can grab another couple of "Fortnite addicts" in the same class as Guice.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

One would think that Lauvao's liabilities as a pass protector would encourage Gruden to say "how about we put someone else there?"

You’d think so, but as of so far this offseason goes, that hasn’t happened. Perhaps it does sometime in the next 40 days but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Oh man, NO ! Josh Doctson Had what is being called a "precautionary" MRI on his leg.

He is expected to take part in "Conditioning Drills" only when camp opens. 

Damn... and so it begins. 

Where are you seeing this? It’s not being reported anywhere...

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Damn... and so it begins. 

Where are you seeing this? It’s not being reported anywhere...

I'll have admit - It's weird. It's in the print edition of the Richmond Times-Dispatch and says from "staff and wire reports " .. I can't find it anywhere else either . 

I just E-mailed Paul Woody who covers them for the R  T / D. to see if he has more info..I'll keep you posted. 

34 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I'll have admit - It's weird. It's in the print edition of the Richmond Times-Dispatch and says from "staff and wire reports " .. I can't find it anywhere else either . 

I just E-mailed Paul Woody who covers them for the R  T / D. to see if he has more info..I'll keep you posted. 

I found a report from last August 7th where Doctson was getting an MRI after he tweaked his hamstring. I haven’t seen anything from this offseason though.

Archived