2018 Training Camp Thread

Woz

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It’s been raining here in Richmond for like 4 days straight.

Same in DC. The fact that their fields don’t drain well - and they’re all new - and they don’t have an indoor facility seems to be a major screw up by Allen and company, or they were just being cheap.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Same in DC. The fact that their fields don’t drain well - and they’re all new - and they don’t have an indoor facility seems to be a major screw up by Allen and company, or they were just being cheap.

Not only are they cheap, they made Richmond pay them to come practice here.

Hey Redskins, how about you realize you have two first round DTs on the roster and your two starting edge rushers play better with their hands in the dirt.  Oh and you have no NT.  Solution?  Say it with me.......  4-3 defense.

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Only problem with Payne at DE is that Ioaniddis is probably our 3rd most talented Dlineman and that would push him to the bench.  Plus we still don’t have a NT.

Tim Settle may work at NT.  I definitely agree about not having the Greek on the bench though.

When the Skins were in 3-4 base last year, 9 times out of 10, they had a line-up of McGee, Hood, and McClain, so Ionnidas not "starting" really doesn't matter.  We were in Nickel close to 70% of the time, so that's really the line-up we should care about, and I'm sure they'll have all 3 of Allen, Payne, and Matty I. rotating to keep them fresh.  I'm just happy we won't have bums like McClain and (hopefully) Hood starting in base anymore.

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Keith Marshall waived with injury designation. Holsey may not be ready for the Opener in Sept.  Puts him squarely on the bubble ..:(

Marshall was a long shot to make the roster to begin with. The fact he's never been healthy since we drafted him means that his time was up.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

When the Skins were in 3-4 base last year, 9 times out of 10, they had a line-up of McGee, Hood, and McClain, so Ionnidas not "starting" really doesn't matter.  We were in Nickel close to 70% of the time, so that's really the line-up we should care about, and I'm sure they'll have all 3 of Allen, Payne, and Matty I. rotating to keep them fresh.  I'm just happy we won't have bums like McClain and (hopefully) Hood starting in base anymore.

Given how badly those three have played, that's not a ringing endorsement of our base defense.

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

No, it's not.  But an eventual line-up of Payne-Settle-McGee has the potential to be a pretty solid base line-up. 

You would go with McGee over Allen at the RDE? Why? (and that's not even taking into account that McGee might not be available due to the PUP)

Just now, Woz said:

You would go with McGee over Allen at the RDE? Why? (and that's not even taking into account that McGee might not be available due to the PUP)

Go through and watch all the DL snaps from last season, and you’ll see that Tomsula largely kept Allen and Matt I. out of the game when we were in base. Most likely because we needed them fresh when in Nickel.  I’m assuming that continues, with Payne rotating in at times in Nickel. 

Archived