Patriots Reportedly Looking To Move WR Malcolm Mitchell

AlNFL19

Per PatsPulpit, the team is high on Kenny Britt at the outside receiver role. I think this is about health - healthy, Mitchell has far more to offer in my eyes than Britt does. 

What's your reaction? I can't say I'm happy about it, but if he's not healthy, there's no point in sticking with him I guess. If this is really not about health, then I'd be very, very disappointed.

5 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Per PatsPulpit, the team is high on Kenny Britt at the outside receiver role. I think this is about health - healthy, Mitchell has far more to offer in my eyes than Britt does. 

What's your reaction? I can't say I'm happy about it, but if he's not healthy, there's no point in sticking with him I guess. If this is really not about health, then I'd be very, very disappointed.

Geez I wonder why...

Kennybritt.jpg

8 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

I should've known...

I think Bill is making a mistake if Mitchell is healthy.

BB wouldn't move him if he were healthy. When you factor in Jules' suspension, it must be pretty bad.

Then again, Britt could surprise us ala LaFell in 2014.

On 2018. 07. 24. at 9:53 AM, TomRalph said:

So it's leaked that we're looking to trade him on the same day that he has another knee procedure done? 

If we get a conditional 7th I'll be surprised at this rate...

Yeah, no way I'd risk losing a talented player in Mitchell for anybody we could get for his current trade value.

On 7/28/2018 at 7:41 PM, InRodWeRust said:

"Move" for what? A ham sandwich? What's the harm in keeping him if anything on IR if we need to. Did anyone see anything in Kenny Britt? I didn't. I'd be shocked if he made it through training camp.

You wanna pay money for a guy to watch the games from his bed and not take a single snap for two years? I don't really trust Britt, but we have seen other mediocre receivers have short-term success here like Brandon LaFell and Brandon Lloyd.

1 hour ago, Elky said:

You wanna pay money for a guy to watch the games from his bed and not take a single snap for two years? I don't really trust Britt, but we have seen other mediocre receivers have short-term success here like Brandon LaFell and Brandon Lloyd.

Yes if it means we can hang on to him. We did it with Chad Jackson and look how well that turned out . . . . uhhh ok bad example. Ok Julian Edelman was injury plagued for a few years and now he's great :)  Either way it's rookie contract money so I don't think he hurting the cap too badly so I think it's worth the risk based on his potential.

And just to keep the conversation going Brandon LaFell and Brandon Lloyd came in and had an immediate impact and picked up the offense right away. Britt didn't do jack. It looks like he has the potential to have good seasons like LeFell and Lloyd based off his 2016 season with the Rams but I'm not keeping my hopes up. Hopefully it's just taking some time for him to grasp the offense and maybe it will click soon. Where's the "Who the hell knows" emoji lol.

I think the Pats wide receivers to open the season will be:

Hogan

Dorsett

Patterson

McCarron

Berrios

Slater*

Edelman*

Mitchell or Britt might make it on PUP. Now with a hamstring issue, Matthews might also be a PUP candidate. Dez Bryant wouldn't be a bad idea all things considered...

Archived