Training Camp Thread

49erurtaza

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Remember when our fastest receivers were Crabs and Boldin? Great times having every catch contested. 

Granted they were the starters but there were receivers on the roster that were faster. They just weren't any good....

It is refreshing though, to not only have starting WRs who consistently get open, but to have plethora of young WRs waiting in the wings who also show that same potential. 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Remember when our fastest receivers were Crabs and Boldin? Great times having every catch contested. 

Those were two tough playoff built WRs though. Both had very good moments during the 2012 and 2013 runs. Of course you would like someone with more speed complimenting them, but that's why the 2012 receiving core worked so well. You had Ginn/Moss/Davis/Walker with speed to go along with Crabtree. Even though Ginn and Moss weren't getting all that many looks, they would still draw attention every time they went deep. 

13 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean I think it is a safe bet that the offense will be a top 5-7 unit this season. Jimmy G has supposedly been killing it lately in practice and has been connecting with the deep ball. The last part is the most important thing to me. 

This draft may have 5-6 starters when it is all said and done. Same with last draft. That's pretty insane. 

Above expectations for sure. Now compare that to Baalke's drafts!

3 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I love that this new regime has put a premium on speed - at CB,, at S, at WR, at TE, at RB, at LB. Heck they're even looking for quick linemen on offense and defense. Gotta have talent, but I'd rather have fast talent than slow talent.

13 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Above expectations for sure. Now compare that to Baalke's drafts!

Night and day. Baalke's 2010 and 2011 drafts definitely had good early returns, but after that? Downhill, and then the 2011 draftees kind of imploded or just fell off.

By next year, it is not out of the realm of possibility that these guys are starters:

RT-McGlinchey

WLB-Foster

DE-Thomas

CB-Witherspoon

SCB-Reed

FS-Colbert

WR-Pettis

Slot WR-Taylor

TE-Kittle

MLB-Warner

NT-Jones

DE-Taylor (Big end spot)

Granted, this was a full rebuild so it is easier for rookies to get on the field opposed to if they got drafted by a better team, but still pretty insane. That's possibly half or more than half of the starters being of the 2017 or 2018 draft.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wonder who was matched up on Aldrick. Yikes. 

LOL. this is the hilarious part about these training camp reports. Like when there is a good play by the offense, folks point out to the bad coverage by the defense. Then if the defense makes a play, the QB made a terrible play and is playing bad. I think that is what Shanahan was pointing out to and what he despises about these training camp reports and statistics that are thrown out every day. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL. this is the hilarious part about these training camp reports. Like when there is a good play by the offense, folks point out to the bad coverage by the defense. Then if the defense makes a play, the QB made a terrible play and is playing bad. I think that is what Shanahan was pointing out to and what he despises about these training camp reports and statistics that are thrown out every day. 

I have no issues giving credit to the offense. I was speaking more from a standpoint of you don't want to be the guy in coverage getting roasted by a receiver who is unlikely to make the roster, particularly if you are a roster bubble player yourself. 

Archived