Training Camp Thread

49erurtaza

19 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Picking one season would be cherry picking. But picking a 7 year stretch isn't really cherry picking. Matt Cassel is a good QB, he won 10 games in 2008! Now that's cherry picking. But being the second winningest QB over a 7 year stretch isn't just a fluke. So it's a valid argument, in my opinion.

But I don't know why this was brought up. So... who cares...

Yes, bringing up that tweet was bizarre. Don't know why it was brought up either, since doesn't really prove anything. With or without cherry picking of any kind the W/L stat for quarterbacks is very misleading. That was my point in my response to it when it was randomly provided. 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Yes, bringing up that tweet was bizarre. Don't know why it was brought up either, since doesn't really prove anything. With or without cherry picking of any kind the W/L stat for quarterbacks is very misleading. That was my point in my response to it when it was randomly provided. 

No, he is saying your post that kicked it all off was bizarre. Just stop already. We get it. We all know the reasons for your choice to post the gif that is getting you so much attention now. It's OLD miserable stuff that no one wants to recycle. 

18 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

No, he is saying your post that kicked it all off was bizarre. Just stop already. We get it. We all know the reasons for your choice to post the gif that is getting you so much attention now. It's OLD miserable stuff that no one wants to recycle. 

You misunderstood what my post was about. That's not my fault oldman. I already explained myself to J. It was about the fanbase, and how it was at rock bottom with our QB situation compared to now. You responded to me with an Alex Smith video and stats. I responded to you again about why I don't think W/L record for a QB wasn't a good approach for analysis. 

Curious, what were my reasons supposed to be for posting that We Want Carr video? To get at Alex Smith? You believe this? :)

If Kittle is out to start the season what options to we have at TE? Hikutini I saw had that one diving catch, I remember we brought in Wes Saxton a couple weeks back. Didnt watch the entire game yet so I might have missed him. 

Theres still some free agents available, Coby Fleener (concussion issues), Brent Celek, Julius Thomas, Mychal Rivera. Pretty much everyone knew after the draft that our TE depth looked shaky, didn't take long to prove that.

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

If Kittle is out to start the season what options to we have at TE? Hikutini I saw had that one diving catch, I remember we brought in Wes Saxton a couple weeks back. Didnt watch the entire game yet so I might have missed him. 

Theres still some free agents available, Coby Fleener (concussion issues), Brent Celek, Julius Thomas, Mychal Rivera. Pretty much everyone knew after the draft that our TE depth looked shaky, didn't take long to prove that.

Jimmy G will make Saxton or Hikutini look like great players. Look what he did for Celek last year. I'm not worried. 

31 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Trade for Vance!

Hikutini has the closest skill set to Kittle. But make no mistake, it will be a pretty big loss. This is the thing about this team. The starters are pretty damn good/solid, but since we are a rebuilding team, the depth still isn't there yet at certain positions. 

Jimmy G will still do his thing, but I really felt Kittle was in store for a huge season. Hopefully it is at most an 8 week injury where he can return on week 4 or 5.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Injuries are and have been problematic for this team for a while now. Getting to a point where I almost feel like you can't count on anyone being healthy :S

Need a better training staff to be honest....Or need to change the way they practice. To have four starters or key players go down that quickly in the game is just bad. Sure there is bad luck to it like Thomas, but they training staff may need to adjust their approach. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Need a better training staff to be honest....Or need to change the way they practice. To have four starters or key players go down that quickly in the game is just bad. Sure there is bad luck to it like Thomas, but they training staff may need to adjust their approach. 

Absolutely. Something is up, and I'm not looking to be the NFC version of the Chargers. That has to be so frustrating to have so much quality playoff talent on the roster and then just know that you can never count on making it through a season ever and have to watch them whittle down to an average conference squad. 

Just now, oldman9er said:

I'm seeing a lot of teams with injury troubles over the recent years. Maybe it's that kids today are just... softer. o.O

Honestly, I think the restrictions on practices and the like introduced in the most recent CBA didn't help. I know it makes the off season a little easier for the players, and I get why they wanted it, but I do think that perhaps it's had a detrimental impact on injuries for several years now. 

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I think the restrictions on practices and the like introduced in the most recent CBA didn't help. I know it makes the off season a little easier for the players, and I get why they wanted it, but I do think that perhaps it's had a detrimental impact on injuries for several years now. 

I was going to mention that. Restrictions in training camp really puts these guys in danger in the early going. But I have no idea how accurate that claim is or not. Not sure if we are seeing more injuries now than before or even the opposite. 

Archived