Training Camp Thread

49erurtaza

Just now, oldman9er said:

welp... bye bye goes this Jimmy. Throwing punches at a dude that he just de-helmeted? hmmmm..... money well spent, it was not. 

Kind of wish we'd just convert his salary to Signing bonus except the vet minimum and see if we couldn't get like a 7th rounder. I have a hard time seeing us part with him given the contract is fully guaranteed, though weirder things have been done. I have to imagine he's still better than most of the people we could replace him with on roster (though if I could get Breeland on like a one year, 1 mil deal, I'd consider signing him and dumping Ward anyway) 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The most amazing thing about this is that Ward didn't get hurt during it. With punches thrown, I would have expected him to break a hand or something. Maybe both. 

On the other hand, he more than held his own. Good to see a little fight in him, he looked ready to lay down against the cowboys. 

Just like the sf giants last night. Too many times would they fall behind in a game and have no energy and just go through the motions. It was refreshing to see them get in a little scuffle knowing that they aren't going to just go quietly into the night. 

To be honest, Hopkins threw a punch first, but seemed like Ward went a little extra after the catch that triggered everything. Obviously the helmet being knocked off didn't help matters either. I think he was still able to practice though. 

Too bad Hopkins got kicked out of practice right after that fight. I wanted to see Sherman and Witherspoon matched up against him. 

9 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

welp... bye bye goes this Jimmy. Throwing punches at a dude that he just de-helmeted? hmmmm..... money well spent, it was not. 

He was a little handsy early in that route but he only threw a punch at Hopkins face after they sized each other up.. after Hopkins caught the pass ward tried to rip the ball away. 

I actually like that he was being the aggressor. He has always been too passive imo 

19 minutes ago, N4L said:

On the other hand, he more than held his own. Good to see a little fight in him, he looked ready to lay down against the cowboys. 

I honestly couldn't care less about this. This doesn't change anything about him on the football field as a player. There are plenty of players that will do this.

I will give him some credit though - if he did this in the game and got them both ejected, this is a total net gain positive for the 49ers LOL. 

Ah okay. I only looked at it the 1 time, and thought Ward threw hands first. Hope not though. 

I think Ward just had some bad luck moments in week 1 PS. The injuries and cap hit is revolting, but he may still be useful through his final SF season, I dunno. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

The most amazing thing about this is that Ward didn't get hurt during it. With punches thrown, I would have expected him to break a hand or something. Maybe both. 

Helps that he ripped off Hopklins helmet and then threw a punch at him while he was still wearing his own helmet ... but maybe he could have dislocated his shoulder or something like that

Archived