Training Camp Thread

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Everyone talked about how bad our first team run blocking was last week.. hopefully Garnett can help in that regard. I'm still holding out hope that he will be serviceable 

he might not be bad, but being injury prone is worse than being bad. I hope he gets the julian taylor treatment one game and plays 40 snaps this preseason just to see what happens. 

On 2018-08-15 at 3:36 PM, big9erfan said:

Helps that he ripped off Hopklins helmet and then threw a punch at him while he was still wearing his own helmet ... but maybe he could have dislocated his shoulder or something like that

I think both Jimmie and DeAndre just wanted to have the day off, so they got ejected right at the start. No risk of injury. 

So looks like Witherspoon fared fairly well against Hopkins today? Good to hear. I hate that Ward and Hopkins got into that fight yesterday as it would have been good for Witherspoon to get two consecutive days of going up against a top 3 WR in the game. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So looks like Witherspoon fared fairly well against Hopkins today? Good to hear. I hate that Ward and Hopkins got into that fight yesterday as it would have been good for Witherspoon to get two consecutive days of going up against a top 3 WR in the game. 

Well hopefully we see a lot of that matchup on Saturday. Spoon can match Hopkins length, which is saying something. Hopefully he shadows Hopkins while they both are on the field. I'd love to see him be physical and try to get PDs

Playing Houston just reminds me of the 'reggie bush bowl' when both of us were essentially expansion teams. Felt like most years we were playing the draft pick game with them, even though we didn't play them every year. Recently it's been Cleveland. Its too bad we haven't played the browns in a while because that would have been comedy. 

Should be a low scoring game, no? Both teams defenses have intimate knowledge of the other teams offense at this point. Our OL needs to show me something on Saturday..

7 hours ago, big9erfan said:

That's one heck of a wobbly pass. There's something still not quite right with his long ball.

Go watch the sports science episode with Drew Brees. They say the most accurate flight of a football actually has a little wobble to it. 

That did look a tad bit wobbly, but a 'perfect' spiral doesn't necessarily mean it's a 'perfect' pass. It dropped right into the bread basket in a place only the wr had a chance to touch it, I'll take that everyday and twice on Sunday. 

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Go watch the sports science episode with Drew Brees. They say the most accurate flight of a football actually has a little wobble to it. 

That did look a tad bit wobbly, but a 'perfect' spiral doesn't necessarily mean it's a 'perfect' pass. It dropped right into the bread basket in a place only the wr had a chance to touch it, I'll take that everyday and twice on Sunday. 

Technically, wouldn't a perfect spiral "curve" a little? The wobble probably prevents any low pressure zone to form on either side of the ball, making it go straighter.

Archived