Training Camp Thread

49erurtaza

Garnett was with the 1s to open yesterday, but he and Person have been rotating with the 1s all offseason. Looks to continue. 

Right now I wouldn't make much of it since it's2 days of camp, but this will be concerning for Garnett if it lasts deep into camp. Since Cooper will be added into the competition when he's healthy, and Person has more value as a backup, if Garnett can't keep Person solidly behind him on the depth chart, he won't make this team.

29 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I like this scheme for the defense we have. Strong coverage, strong interior line. Buckner stars. Could get us to that 16th ranking the Eagles had last year in sacks. Likely a best case scenario. 

Richie James had some highlights for the second day in a row. Didn't hear much of him in the offseason, so wasn't sure if he was comfortable with the offense yet. I like to hear that it sounds like he may be getting more comfortable now. Hope it continues when the pads come on. I think he's wide receiver #6.

31 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Richie James had some highlights for the second day in a row. Didn't hear much of him in the offseason, so wasn't sure if he was comfortable with the offense yet. I like to hear that it sounds like he may be getting more comfortable now. Hope it continues when the pads come on. I think he's wide receiver #6.

Said it the day he was drafted that it he is likely to be the better receiver between he and Pettis. And he will push Taylor in the slot. Might not be quite as shifty as Taylor but he's a much more of a vertical threat than Taylor and would give the offense a different dyamic there.

2 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Said it the day he was drafted that it he is likely to be the better receiver between he and Pettis. And he will push Taylor in the slot. Might not be quite as shifty as Taylor but he's a much more of a vertical threat than Taylor and would give the offense a different dyamic there.

Yup. I know we're leading this bandwagon. I think he's more than just a slot guy. He's a player I think you can get creative with. He just needs to find a niche on Special teams to be active on game day, at least at first.

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yup. I know we're leading this bandwagon. I think he's more than just a slot guy. He's a player I think you can get creative with. He just needs to find a niche on Special teams to be active on game day, at least at first.

I said he reminded me of Antonio Brown after we drafted him. I doubt he will reach that level, but I think their style of play is reminiscent of one another. I got to admit, I didn’t know anything about him until we drafted him though. I think that may turn out to be one of the better value picks from this draft when it’s all said and done though.

Archived