Training Camp Thread

49erurtaza

I just heard on the radio that the veterans have assigned one rookie per open practice to be the crowd hype man. Basically McG was just the first player to do this but that there will be more to come .. 

2 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yup. I know we're leading this bandwagon. I think he's more than just a slot guy. He's a player I think you can get creative with. He just needs to find a niche on Special teams to be active on game day, at least at first.

Maiocco seems to be a big fan of his as well saying he just has something special and should stick around the league for a long time. 

If he could stay healthy and add more play making, no reason he can't be THE premiere LB in this league. Moves around at a totally different speed than anyone else. Stud.

So I saw a lot of one on one WR/CB reps and the WRs pretty much dominated but that should be expected. I like to the see one on ones in the RZ more than these as it isn't fair for the CB. You make a double move and then you pretty much will smoke the CB in most cases. 

JG just is not going to be a deep ball threat. He’s gonna live in the intermediate range where he’s amazing. Hopefully he’s good enough there that defenses don’t worry about the deep ball enough that he’ll have some deep wide open throws that he just can’t miss on. At this point he’s just not good at the deep ball. 

Maybe someone here has some QB technique critiques that could tell us if he does something that you think can be fixed to give us some hope on the deep passing game. 

The margin of error over a big distance is just way higher. I prefer him being money on short and intermediate and hitting guys in stride. It is nice to have a deep bomb once in a while but this offense is built on getting guys open with routes and taking what the defense gives you. With Goodwin on the field you always have to respect the deep ball so even when you only complete a few of those deep bombs they still need to respect his speed because you dont want that guy running 1 on 1 on a go route.

He can still develop his deep ball accuracy. He will just have to work at it. It's not something that's just gonna happen overnight. Brady is a perfect example of guy who developed his deep ball touch, over time. Some guys just have a knack for it. Others just have to work at it more and really hone in on the technical side of it because their touch isn't as natural as others. I for one, am not worried. Jimmy is a hard-worker by all accounts and I feel the more comfortable he becomes in Kyle's complex scheme, the less problematic his deep ball will be.

3 hours ago, straighthate said:

JG just is not going to be a deep ball threat. He’s gonna live in the intermediate range where he’s amazing. Hopefully he’s good enough there that defenses don’t worry about the deep ball enough that he’ll have some deep wide open throws that he just can’t miss on. At this point he’s just not good at the deep ball. 

Maybe someone here has some QB technique critiques that could tell us if he does something that you think can be fixed to give us some hope on the deep passing game. 

His deep ball can be improved. Just like Brady's was.

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

The margin of error over a big distance is just way higher. I prefer him being money on short and intermediate and hitting guys in stride. It is nice to have a deep bomb once in a while but this offense is built on getting guys open with routes and taking what the defense gives you. With Goodwin on the field you always have to respect the deep ball so even when you only complete a few of those deep bombs they still need to respect his speed because you dont want that guy running 1 on 1 on a go route.

I think you meant to say way lower.

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I think you meant to say way lower.

I meant way higher in terms of completing it. When you are throwing a ball nearer to your maximum strength you automatically have less control over it. And it also takes more time to really get to know your receiver because you get less opportunities both during training camp and in game. 

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

I meant way higher in terms of completing it. When you are throwing a ball nearer to your maximum strength you automatically have less control over it. And it also takes more time to really get to know your receiver because you get less opportunities both during training camp and in game. 

Hunh? Deep passes usually have the lowest completion percentage. Is that what you mean?

Archived