Training Camp Thread

49erurtaza

I hate that 49ers.com doesn't air those red zone one on one drills. I'm far more interested in those than the usual one on one drills where the DB is at a huge disadvantage. And it just isn't all that realistic. At least in the RZ you will have a lot of single coverage on the outside. 

The following players have been activated from the Active/Physically Unable to Perform List:

G - Jonathan Cooper

WR - Trent Taylor

LB - Dekoda Watson

The following players have been activated from the Active/Non-Football Injury List:

S - Marcell Harris

LB - Malcolm Smith

Excited to see how Marcell Harris looks. But good to see a bunch of guys back at practice. 

My only concern thus far has been McG and how he has looked in the1 on 1's I've seen. He's been getting worked a little and has looked very stiff. Then I go watch Kolton Miller from the Raiders going against guys like Bruce Irvin in those same drills and he looks very fluid and athletic so there is a slight concern there. Too early to read anything into it but I was hoping he would look better in pass pro. But he was drafted mainly for his run blocking so it is what it is. I know he needed work as pass protector. 

I said it a few days ago, but I'm far more interested in seeing the red zone one on one drills opposed to the one on one drills we have been seeing in the first few days of camp. 

No surprise Sherman is holding it down on fade routes. He's as good as it gets on those routes....As we know far too well.

Archived