** 2018 Training Camp **

WizardHawk

35 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Either way it's a make or break year. Wonder if we are gonna hear about White and Rush though. Who knows, we may need one to step up. Heard White was having some trouble, but nothing on Rush.

Rush has been the best QB in camp. He was also the QB that threw Tavon Austin the big TD on the "best play of camp so far."

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/6/17654472/full-report-of-whose-stock-went-up-and-went-down-at-the-cowboys-blue-white-scrimmage

"QUARTERBACKS

Up: Cooper Rush

Down: Dak Prescott, Mike White, and Dalton Sturm

Cooper Rush continues to play well in camp. The team had four 2-minute drives on Sunday, with Prescott leading two of them and Rush and White each leading one. Rush’s drive was the only one that resulted in a touchdown as the other three drives all ended in picks.

Prescott’s first pick came when Anthony Brown jumped a route and got in front ofCole Beasley. Then, he tried to hit Terrance Williams on the run, but once again Brown got there first and deflected the ball up in the air. Jeff Heath was there for the easy pick. Prescott’s performance in camp has been underwhelming so far, but that’s how it’s been every year during camp for him. The true test will come with how he looks when real football begins.

White also had a pick off a deflection, but he also had trouble handling the snap. Twice the snap was fumbled. Based on what we’ve seen from White in camp so far, there is no guarantee that he’ll be given a roster spot. It will be interesting to see how these next few weeks play out."

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Rush has been the best QB in camp. He was also the QB that threw Tavon Austin the big TD on the "best play of camp so far."

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/6/17654472/full-report-of-whose-stock-went-up-and-went-down-at-the-cowboys-blue-white-scrimmage

"QUARTERBACKS

Cooper Rush continues to play well in camp. The team had four 2-minute drives on Sunday, with Prescott leading two of them and Rush and White each leading one. Rush’s drive was the only one that resulted in a touchdown as the other three drives all ended in picks.

Prescott’s first pick came when Anthony Brown jumped a route and got in front ofCole Beasley. Then, he tried to hit Terrance Williams on the run, but once again Brown got there first and deflected the ball up in the air. Jeff Heath was there for the easy pick. Prescott’s performance in camp has been underwhelming so far, but that’s how it’s been every year during camp for him. The true test will come with how he looks when real football begins.

White also had a pick off a deflection, but he also had trouble handling the snap. Twice the snap was fumbled. Based on what we’ve seen from White in camp so far, there is no guarantee that he’ll be given a roster spot. It will be interesting to see how these next few weeks play out."

Thank you

I really really hope White starts clicking. I know I said that before but I just want to say it again.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

"QUARTERBACKS

You know who throws a ridiculous amount of INTs in camp? Rodgers. 

As Allen Iverson once said: You taking about practice?

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

You know who throws a ridiculous amount of INTs in camp? Rodgers. 

As Allen Iverson once said: You taking about practice?

One of the beat writers pointed this out too. Some guys just don't practice well, but bring it come game day. 

I'm not worried unless Dak continues to struggle once the games count.

Offenses usually lag behind in camp till about week 3/4 then they start to get in sync on timing. 

I won’t worry about Dak and the O till week 1 of the regular season. Why?? Because we made a ton of offensive changes this offseason. Gonna take some time

14 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Offenses usually lag behind in camp till about week 3/4 then they start to get in sync on timing. 

I won’t worry about Dak and the O till week 1 of the regular season. Why?? Because we made a ton of offensive changes this offseason. Gonna take some time

This. Our skill players have been entirely blown up to the point of like 80% turnover, and, seemingly, new plays are coming along with them. This should hopefully prove fruitful in that the defense won't know exactly what's coming, but there's likely to be some bumps along the road as well.

We should always wait till game day before we judge, and If our offense was just fine all season and then struggled in the next camp I would be even more on board with that thought. But Scotty/Dak/Zeke and co. scored 6 points in our last "real" game. Frankly, I've been worried about our offense since week 9 of last year. And the unusually negative training camp reports are hard for me to shake, considering our last 8 real games weren't so great. Because right now it looks like we are just trying to get back to that level. Fingers crossed.

I think this offense has a chance to succeed if we’re willing to let loose on our tight formations a bit, because let’s be honest our tight ends stink.

No matter how trash your receiving corps is, most defenses are still gonna have to play dime against 10 personnel, lest they choose to run Cover 1 with a safety on a slot receiver (which some defenses can do, but most not for very long). We get those dime looks, then it’s 5 DL + LBs vs this OL and Zeke.

I know we all thought Beasley and Switzer together would cause these problems for the D, but I think Tavon will prove a little more threatening moving around the formation, on end arounds and whatnot. Hopefully.

Archived