** 2018 Training Camp **

WizardHawk

22 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Imo Dak Prescott will never be a consistent 4,000+ yard 30+ TD QB that needs no one around him. Send Brady or Rodgers to the Browns and they are legit SB contenders. Dak is more like a Tyrod. Which is fine. But waiting for him to blossom into an Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Drew Brees type QB? I think he has already shown the necessary traits to rule that out.

Agree.  Honestly I think with Zeke and the line, the Cowboys can be a regular playoff team, but when they go up against elite QB's,  the pass rush better be nasty, or it's gonna be a loss.

8 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:
On 8/14/2018 at 2:08 PM, DaBoys said:

Imo Dak Prescott will never be a consistent 4,000+ yard 30+ TD QB that needs no one around him. Send Brady or Rodgers to the Browns and they are legit SB contenders. Dak is more like a Tyrod. Which is fine. But waiting for him to blossom into an Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Drew Brees type QB? I think he has already shown the necessary traits to rule that out.

Agree.  Honestly I think with Zeke and the line, the Cowboys can be a regular playoff team, but when they go up against elite QB's,  the pass rush better be nasty, or it's gonna be a loss.

Dak looks like a better Brady when Brady was <25. Sometimes it takes a while. You guys are impatient AF. The dude through his first 25 games looked like the next coming of :insert your religious figure:

So long as Dak didn't let last year get into his head...with a healthy Zeke and not having to feel he has to get the ball to any one player...I think Dak's going to earn himself a nice payday this year.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak looks like a better Brady when Brady was <25. Sometimes it takes a while. You guys are impatient AF. The dude through his first 25 games looked like the next coming of :insert your religious figure:

Idk, half the season under 200 yards last season isn’t a good sign

he started the trend at the end of 2016, 3 of the last 4-5 games under 200 yards as well

200 yards isn’t a lot 

9 hours ago, 5x10 said:

Idk, half the season under 200 yards last season isn’t a good sign

he started the trend at the end of 2016, 3 of the last 4-5 games under 200 yards as well

200 yards isn’t a lot 

To be fair, and I guess to further Matts point, Tom Brady was 25(same age that Dak is now) when he started his first full season in 2002. He failed to reach 200 yards passing in 6 games. 2 of his last 3 games that year were for less than 150 yards, and he in fact averaged 184 yards passing over the last 7 games that season, and I doubt be was able to help with his legs like Dak can.  They went 9-7 and missed the playoffs, throwing over 300 yards in only 2 games that year.

Obviously he turned it around, pretty quick.

Dak's 22-11 as a starter working with some solid, but flawed rosters (2016 had no pass rush, 2017 had no OL or LB depth, a secondary in transition, and skill players that frequently couldn't make plays). He has to be doing something right, even if that something is arguably more intangible than tangible.

Simply starting all 16 games in consecutive years while posting winning records in both is something Romo (who sat on the bench for over 3 seasons) never accomplished.

20 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Going to the game on Saturday. Anyone know if Randy Gregory is supposed to play?

I believe so. They said he wont play until he is full go at practice, and by all accounts he is not just full go but really picking up right where he left off as far as being a disruptive force.

11 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I'm curious to see how we look without Frederick on offense. Dude's never missed a down in his career.

Here's hoping his stingers do not linger

Yeah, thoughts of Andre Guarde go through my head. But on the bright side, Joe Looney was looking really good in camp before all of this.

Archived