** 2018 Training Camp **

WizardHawk

6 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Think

The Cowboys' offensive personnel kind of lent itself to rigidity last year, with Dez and Witten being established veterans occupying large portions of the salary cap. I think this year you're going to see a little more creativity out of sheer necessity.

Time to move on from last year. I don't think play calling is what got us smacked around by Denver, Atlanta, Philly, Los Angeles, and Seattle. A shallow and overmatched roster did.

42 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

LVE/Jaylon going to split time in the middle this year and next year Lee is gone, Smith shifts over....

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I mean I think most of us knew when LVE was picked he wasn’t going to get a lot of time this year. His was a pick made for the future post-Lee.

42 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean I think most of us knew when LVE was picked he wasn’t going to get a lot of time this year. His was a pick made for the future post-Lee.

Agreed. And if Lee has injury issues this season, I would be shocked if he was on the roster next year unless he re-works his contract.

Jaylon's biggest struggle currently is dropping into coverage, while that's LVE's biggest strength. It'd make sense to platoon them a little bit, with Jaylon getting the majority of 1st/2nd down snaps, while LVE gets  most of the nickle/dime 3rd down snaps, especially while he gets his feet wet. That'd also free up Jaylon for situational pass rush duties too. 

I admit I was out spoken about not drafting LB in round 1 BECAUSE of this "we only use 2 LBs" "problem." 

But when worried about how much the equally invested-in LVE, Lee, and Smith will play. I think, how much did Hitchens, Smith, and Lee play last year? How much has Hitchens(who was always 2nd team in camp) played over the last 4 years?

We ALWAYS need more Lbs around week 9.

Think about it. We blamed at least 4 losses last year on not having Lee.

If we didn't have enough LBs with Hitchens, Lee, Smith, Durant in camp last year, then we can't have to many with LVE, Lee, Smith, Wilson this year.

On 7/26/2018 at 3:10 PM, textaz03 said:

Don't forget about: Jourdan Lewis

It seems like he's faded away during the offseason what with Byron moving to CB.. but was Lewis not our best DB last year? I was very impressed with his play as a rookie. I don't think Byron is necessarily an upgrade over him on the outside at all. 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

It seems like he's faded away during the offseason what with Byron moving to CB.. but was Lewis not our best DB last year? I was very impressed with his play as a rookie. I don't think Byron is necessarily an upgrade over him on the outside at all. 

Jourdan Lewis could be Scandrick's successor. Having a legit Nickleback that can eliminate the slot as well as having LVE if he lives up to his hype negating any TE's the other team uses would effectively make any team rather limited in the passing game. For alot of teams the bread and butter for them is nickle and diming it.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Jourdan Lewis could be Scandrick's successor. Having a legit Nickleback that can eliminate the slot as well as having LVE if he lives up to his hype negating any TE's the other team uses would effectively make any team rather limited in the passing game. For alot of teams the bread and butter for them is nickle and diming it.

Now, if we could find a way to have Oliver fall to us in the 2019 draft...

Archived