** 2018 Training Camp **

WizardHawk

31 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Green really wasn’t even good filling in for Tyron in 2016. He just had the great fortune of playing against the two worst teams in the conference and getting away with a bunch of false starts.

Moving him to LG, where Cooper was clearly the better option, before kicking him back out to tackle, surely didn’t help, but let’s not act like Green was ever a capable talent at the pro level.

I felt like he looked like a solid swing tackle option with an outside chance to start at RT. Talent wise, I liked him at Florida. But his injury history made me dislike the pick. I remember wanting Carl Davis. I'm not sure if he ever turned into anything decent, though.

12 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I felt like he looked like a solid swing tackle option with an outside chance to start at RT. Talent wise, I liked him at Florida. But his injury history made me dislike the pick. I remember wanting Carl Davis. I'm not sure if he ever turned into anything decent, though.

Davis went previous pick and has had just as much trouble with injuries as Green, so pretty much a trade off. 

That was the year we let Murray walk and there was a great RB debate in the forum. Half of us wanted a 1st round RB. The other half wanted a mid rounder.

I was in the latter group, but by round 3 I was ready for a RB. Jay Ajayi, Jeremy Langford, Matt Jones, David Cobb etc...

That's the direction I would have gone. But Chaz Green it was.

19 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

The only guy from that group that stuck was Ajayi. The rest have been god awful. 

We missed David Johnson by 5 picks. iirc, someone said he would have been the pick if there. I wanted him real bad. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

We missed David Johnson by 5 picks. iirc, someone said he would have been the pick if there. I wanted him real bad. 

Same, imagine not even needing Zeke and having Ramsey and David on the roster.

26 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Same, imagine not even needing Zeke and having Ramsey and David on the roster.

6 hours ago, D82 said:

Is that Anthony Brown on him? If so, Brown by basically all accounts I've seen is having a really bad TC thus far. 

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Is that Anthony Brown on him? If so, Brown by basically all accounts I've seen is having a really bad TC thus far. 

Man whats with him? I would hope with Jenkins being brought on he could help Brown. He played well enough his rookie year, and with his physical talent there was no reason for him not to improve and continued starting on the outside. Really disappointed.

Archived