** 2018 Training Camp **

WizardHawk

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Now, if we could find a way to have Oliver fall to us in the 2019 draft...

We know anybody in the Houston area that could plant weed or something in his locker?

15 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

It seems like he's faded away during the offseason what with Byron moving to CB.. but was Lewis not our best DB last year? I was very impressed with his play as a rookie. I don't think Byron is necessarily an upgrade over him on the outside at all. 

I guess they want Lewis to earn the starting slot job over Brown. I have no idea why he wouldn’t be able to do so, maybe they feel he needs the additional motivation that comes with being benched despite being, as you said, our best CB last season.

Depth is a good problem to have though and we definitely have it at DE, LB, and CB. Hopefully that’s enough to finally make this defensive scheme work.

Cole Beasley is used to having productive practices, but Saturday felt a little bit different – especially for Beasley. He has long been used to working short routes out of the slot in this offense, but the Cowboys’ coaches have him doing a lot more this year.

Beasley lined up all over the formation, running short routes and downfield routes from both inside and outside. On top of that, it seemed like there was a point to get him on the move, as he took the ball several times on multiple end arounds and reverses.

“I was actually saying I’ve never had a practice like this before. I got a little fatigued,” Beasley said. “I’m used to just doing all the quick stuff, but now they got me all over the place and running all types of routes. It’s really fun.”

Archived