Training Camp Thread

AnAngryAmerican

5 hours ago, AKRNA said:

For his career, yeah. As a Bronco, no. We brought in PM the same year we drafted Os. Os never had a chance to be the starter so played out his contract and left for the big bucks. Who can blame him.

His time here though got us a SB win. That alone makes him a good 2nd rd pick for Denver. Without his 14 point comeback win against the Pats we don't have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. NE in january is a tough place to play.

I think a lot of backup qbs could of managed that game. Heck if we draft wilson, cousins, foles that same draft.  They would of been worrh pick 57 way more than Brock. 

I remember watching grudens qb camp that year and thought Brock was a tool . I also thought Connor cook was a tool I was right on both.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I think a lot of backup qbs could of managed that game. Heck if we draft wilson, cousins, foles that same draft.  They would of been worrh pick 57 way more than Brock. 

I remember watching grudens qb camp that year and thought Brock was a tool . I also thought Connor cook was a tool I was right on both.

Man, Elway's missed on a few hasn't he?

He's really hoping Keenum works out. 

50 minutes ago, Royal_VT said:

32 teams missed on those QBs, to be fair. Or 30 if you don't count Indi/Wash who took QBs 1/2.

Fair point, but I haven't seen anything to suggest Elway/Scouts etc can evaluate and select a QB who the team can rely on long term so he's surely under pressure for Keenum to succeed or else where does he go?

8 hours ago, AKRNA said:

For his career, yeah. As a Bronco, no. We brought in PM the same year we drafted Os. Os never had a chance to be the starter so played out his contract and left for the big bucks. Who can blame him.

His time here though got us a SB win. That alone makes him a good 2nd rd pick for Denver. Without his 14 point comeback win against the Pats we don't have home field advantage throughout the playoffs. NE in january is a tough place to play.

HUGE opportunity cost to drafting Brock. Major bust. We could have had talented QB's learning behind Manning that weren't on the team due to being family friends...but that's how the NFL works. We made a huge investment in Brock and that was a massive mistake. I guess you can call it gravy since we won (really he needed to play at a very low level to succeed in his time) but it's still a systematic failure. 

16 minutes ago, champ11 said:

HUGE opportunity cost to drafting Brock. Major bust. We could have had talented QB's learning behind Manning that weren't on the team due to being family friends...but that's how the NFL works. We made a huge investment in Brock and that was a massive mistake. I guess you can call it gravy since we won (really he needed to play at a very low level to succeed in his time) but it's still a systematic failure. 

The Brock pick helped us win a few games in 2015 and has pretty much tanked the franchise ever since. 

5 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The Brock pick helped us win a few games in 2015 and has pretty much tanked the franchise ever since. 

So embarrassing that they had 4 years to evaluate Brock and still thought it was a good idea to try and bring him back as a starter. What a joke 

Archived