Training Camp Thread

AnAngryAmerican

56 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I don’t know why people are looking at the Broncos QB position as if there is no chance at a future.

As a couple of posts have mentioned they liked the idea of bringing in a veteran (Keenum/McCown) and drafting Rosen behind them.

It’s not like this still can’t be done, Keenum is signed for 2 years.  Obviously the QB can’t be Rosen and while the 2019 class lacks QBs at the top of the draft it looks to be loaded from the mid 1st round to the 3rd round.  Drew Lock, Justin Herbert, Ryan Finley, Will Grier, Jarrett Stidham, Clayton Thorson, Shea Patterson, and Nate Stanley all fit in that range currently.  All of those guys (except for maybe Grier) are physically more talented than a guy like Mason Rudolph who went in the 3rd round in 2018 and is pegged as the future for the Steelers.

This is assuming the Kelly doesn't keep progressing.  

On August 17, 2018 at 11:22 AM, bMiller031 said:

Brandon Marshall is down to 225 lbs. Yikes. 

I can appreciate trying to get leaner for some extra speed, but dude.. What is he thinking? You can get away with that as a Will on a 4-3. But for his position? He's gonna get gobbled up. Oh well, Jewell's gonna replace him by season's end anyways.

4 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

I can appreciate trying to get leaner for some extra speed, but dude.. What is he thinking? You can get away with that as a Will on a 4-3. But for his position? He's gonna get gobbled up. Oh well, Jewell's gonna replace him by season's end anyways.

Even with a pretty good DL in front of him, I agree. That's way too light for a 3-4 Mike. 

I'm guessing his thinking is to become more a 3rd down ILB while Davis and Jewel handle the running downs. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Even with a pretty good DL in front of him, I agree. That's way too light for a 3-4 Mike. 

I'm guessing his thinking is to become more a 3rd down ILB while Davis and Jewel handle the running downs. 

That would actually make a lot of sense as long as he can pull it off. We've needed a rangy linebacker for a couple seasons now, and teams have really made us pay for it. I still remember that Falcons game two years ago. My god, Kyle Shanahan and those boys ought to be thrown in jail for what they did to our linebackers in that game. 

I really don’t have an issue with Marshall losing the weight.  When Trevathan went to the Bears the expectation was that Marshall would replace his abilities in coverage.  He’s failed at that for the past couple of years, maybe with the weight loss he can be better.

Crazily, Todd Davis was the highest graded LB for Denver, according to PFF.  He’s our between the tackles guy and Jewell’s upside is between the tackles as well. 

6 hours ago, 1234567 said:

That would actually make a lot of sense as long as he can pull it off. We've needed a rangy linebacker for a couple seasons now, and teams have really made us pay for it. I still remember that Falcons game two years ago. My god, Kyle Shanahan and those boys ought to be thrown in jail for what they did to our linebackers in that game. 

And after that the book was out, Mac did the same thing to us last year. That’s why they traded for Cravens.

Lindsay is definitely making this team and deservedly so.  He’s explosive with the ball and at minimum is capable as a 3rd down scat back.  Returned kicks and punts last night and drilled a guy inside the 10 gunning on punt coverage.  Most of these battles come down to special teams play and Lindsay looks the part with that unit.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Lindsay is definitely making this team and deservedly so.  He’s explosive with the ball and at minimum is capable as a 3rd down scat back.  Returned kicks and punts last night and drilled a guy inside the 10 gunning on punt coverage.  Most of these battles come down to special teams play and Lindsay looks the part with that unit.

Oh yeah. Barring injury, Lindsay is just about a lock. Which kinda sucks cause it will prob cost DeAngelo Henderson his spot and I was looking forward to seeing what he could turn into. He reminds me a lot of LeSean McCoy.

28 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Not sure how to feel about that. If he was falsely accused (which can definitely happen) then I'm happy for him. But for the DA's office to formally charge him 5 years after the events allegedly occurred,  there had to have been some pretty damning evidence.. I just hope this isn't a situation where a scumbag got away with one. 

Archived