Training Camp Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/8/5/17653838/marquette-king-already-unhappy-denver-has-to-be-restrained-for-going-after-member-of-broncos-media

So Marquette King is really not making a good impression on Denver's media. That interview he did with Stokely and Bye was brutal. And there are rumors he doesn't like Denver.

What are the thoughts on this? Is Elway patient enough to deal with his BS where Gruden wasn't?

Anyone who wants to kick D-Mac’s a$$ gets 2 thumbs up from me! Good for him! 

Even as a member of the press, who is really bothered by how certain powers in this country (of all stripes) think they can treat people whose job is to protect the First Amendment, D-Mac is a piece of crap of a person, he always tries to stir the pot, get under people’s skin, says things purely to get a reaction. He’s just a jerk. He gives the Skip Baylesses of the world a bad name. 

Only I wish I King would have laid him out. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

might just be one media member

Good for Nikki. A real journalist.

Other pieces of s*** who get Broncos media credentials and shall remain nameless, because their radio station is an ESPN affiliate and spends all day kissing the butt of the Broncos, might want to take note. Good God do I hate D-Bag D-Mac. 

11 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Anyone who wants to kick D-Mac’s a$$ gets 2 thumbs up from me! Good for him! 

Even as a member of the press, who is really bothered by how certain powers in this country (of all stripes) think they can treat people whose job is to protect the First Amendment, D-Mac is a piece of crap of a person, he always tries to stir the pot, get under people’s skin, says things purely to get a reaction. He’s just a jerk. He gives the Skip Baylesses of the world a bad name. 

Only I wish I King would have laid him out. 

What's your opinion on Bey and Stokely? That's where this started. King asked to be on their show and then completely disrespected them.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

What's your opinion on Bey and Stokely? That's where this started. King asked to be on their show and then completely disrespected them.

I think Stokley is really bad at his job but I'd like to know the details on the altercation for sure. Seems really immature but also those guys suck so who knows. 

48 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Looking at stuff from TC - I wouldn't be surprised to see Booker traded before the start of the season.

Joseph was talking yesterday about how all the RBs are doing a good job in pass protection - and that is the only thing Booker has going for him at the moment.

I doubt he'll be traded. Very little value in the position. I think Booker makes the team if only because he has a few years under his belt and is competent at everything. Nothing would shock me though.

On 8/4/2018 at 1:10 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

See I wasn't aware of that. That is a good decision by the organization. Props to them. 

When I saw that they had sold the naming rights to training camp I told the lady we should go again this year because I wouldn't be surprised to see them start charging admission next summer, and next summer we will be a party of 3 attending camp :D

This seems like a big deal. I think congratulations are in order! That's awesome Dan. Glad another Broncos fan can join the fold!

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I like Zack Bye a lot actually, I like Stokley a lot as a person but he's not exactly the best radio host. King was disrespectful and his behavior unbecoming but D-Bag D-Mac is total jerk so I applaud King for figuratively smacking him down. 

I think shopping Booker makes sense. He had such an advantage over the other four going into this competition and hasn't separated himself at all. I've heard they really like him in the passing game, but Lindsay is more dynamic there. Freeman a better fit as a workhorse type. Henderson has more burst. I just don't see it with Booker. 

Booker is just safe.  The safest back on the roster and the only back with NFL experience.  Considering it’s 3 rookies and Henderson filling out the rest of the depth chart I’d be incredibly surprised if Booker were traded or cut.  While Booker isn’t as explosive, he is a darn good receiver not only out of the backfield, but even splitting out in the slot or out wide.  

I just don’t see Denver going into the season without Booker.  If they did Denver’s backfield would have a combined 7 career NFL carries and 2 receptions.  I know RBs translate quicker than other positions, but that’d be a tremendous leap of faith.

Very sad to hear about Tom Heckert's passing. For those who don't remember, he was the director of pro personnel (scouted current NFL players) from 2013-2017. As much as we bag on Matt Russell's draft record, probably not enough credit was given to the job Heckert did as we've been one of the more successful teams in free agency. Only 51. 

Archived