Todd Gurley re-signs with Rams 4 years 60 mil with 45 mil grt

LARams91

I love this classy move from the Rams office, it shows respect for elite RB that deserve to get paid. 

Although i didn't expect the extension coming so fast just after the Cooks extension. It will be interesting to see how the payout will be made but i'm very confident it won't affect at all the extension of Donald and Goff.

For Peters i really don't know if he will get an extension at this point, i guess they will have to wait how he play this season to extend him. 

The way the cooks deal is structured is amazing. Could be cut in year 3 saving $17.7 mil with dead cap of $4.2 mil. But if we keep him his cap hits years 3,4,5 are $13.4 mil, $14.4 mil, $14 mil. By then, if he reaches the later part of this deal, he will be an absolute steal.

Saw a wild stat (I didn't double check so with a grain of salt), that Gurley's 15 APY would be the 67th highest paid in the NBA and 70th in the MLB. 15 million a year is obviously nothing to scoff at but just thought that was insane. James Harden will make Gurley's entire guarantee next year alone.

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Donald will be paid soon. The game of chicken with Mack is hurting us.

I can all but guarantee they've earmarked cap-space for Donald.  Gurley's extension doesn't kick in until 2020; he'll make $9m on the 5th-year option next season plus whatever proration of his bonus monies we decide to apportion there.  And even with Gurley's $9m and Cook's recent extension on the books, we're right around $57m under the projected cap next season.

We have a rough idea of what Donald's going to end up getting and we've likely had that for a long time now.  But just because Donald deal hasn't been finished is no reason to stall other necessary contract talks.  You budget (probably safely over-budget) accordingly, set aside what you anticipate it's going to take to ink AD plus a little wiggle room, and then work with the remainder and get those other deals done as well.

I mean, people (less us, more people trying to nitpick and poke holes in the main forum) always fail to look at the whole of the cap sheet over the individual contracts on it.

Gurley's contract jumps from $9m AAV to $15M AAV in the same year that Whitworth's $10m comes off the books (I'd say it's fairly safe to assume LTotF is high on our shopping list in next year's draft - whether that means a premium pick spent or simply a high-priority on intensive scouting put in), the same year Talib's $8m ($11m this year) comes off the books, the same year Brocker's $10.7m contract is off the books (and love him as I do, he'll be pushing 30 at that point and will likely either re-sign at age-conscious reasonable price to remain with a contender or he'll move on and he can be replaced - it's not like this front office has struggled to identify quality DL).

Even next season when Gurley accounts for $9m against the cap, that's basically balanced out by the fact that Saffold's $8m contract is off the books.

Woods may be a possible restructure candidate down the line or they may just elect to ride him out until his guarantees run out which is right around the same time as Kupp will be up for extension and they'll just make a like-for-like swap on the books at that point.

11 hours ago, The LBC said:

I mean, people (less us, more people trying to nitpick and poke holes in the main forum) always fail to look at the whole of the cap sheet over the individual contracts on it.

Gurley's contract jumps from $9m AAV to $15M AAV in the same year that Whitworth's $10m comes off the books (I'd say it's fairly safe to assume LTotF is high on our shopping list in next year's draft - whether that means a premium pick spent or simply a high-priority on intensive scouting put in), the same year Talib's $8m ($11m this year) comes off the books, the same year Brocker's $10.7m contract is off the books (and love him as I do, he'll be pushing 30 at that point and will likely either re-sign at age-conscious reasonable price to remain with a contender or he'll move on and he can be replaced - it's not like this front office has struggled to identify quality DL).

Even next season when Gurley accounts for $9m against the cap, that's basically balanced out by the fact that Saffold's $8m contract is off the books.

Woods may be a possible restructure candidate down the line or they may just elect to ride him out until his guarantees run out which is right around the same time as Kupp will be up for extension and they'll just make a like-for-like swap on the books at that point.

Exactly. Woods deal dramatically decreases soon as well to 5 mil and 6 mil for 2019 and 2020. Cooks' deal comes down big time as well after 2020. Plenty of space for Donald, Goff and Peters after 2020 to get a ton of $$. As long as we keep drafting well and can fill some holes of guys whose contracts are up, I see us contending for at least 6 years.

Not sure who the guy is, but Eric Geller on twitter is claiming Rams have offered 4 year 21 mil per year and have no problem making him highest paid defensive player ever, but his team is "insulted" and want 25 per. QB money. Hell no. Tag him twice and let him walk for that.

6 hours ago, btfd16 said:

Not sure who the guy is, but Eric Geller on twitter is claiming Rams have offered 4 year 21 mil per year and have no problem making him highest paid defensive player ever, but his team is "insulted" and want 25 per. QB money. Hell no. Tag him twice and let him walk for that.

Nobody knows who that guy is.

Archived