Titans cut Kevin Dodd OLB

49erurtaza

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Early second round pick from 2016 draft. 

Hurt his foot his rookie year, and apparently broke his mind too. He wasn't right physically or mentally since.  Had 3 2nd rounders that year. He was the 1st of the 3. Major waste. 

35 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Dude is trash and has the mental fortitude of Vince Young. Such a waste of a high draft pick. Based purely on his draft status he might get another chance or two, but he's a mental midget.

Why you gotta hate on my boy VY like that

33 minutes ago, Groink said:

What was wrong with him mentally?  Haven't followed up on him enough to know what went on here.

Doesn’t seem to have the mental toughness for the game. Doesn’t seem to really like football that much either. Got a 2nd chance with this new coaching staff and he didn’t even try to take advantage of it. Missed OTA time and didn’t show up to training camp. Guy is a complete waste of a player. Easily one of my most hated Titans now.

So Titans fans, how has Austin Johnson looked?  I hated that trio of Titans' 2016 second round picks at the time.  I was clearly wrong about Derrick Henry and clearly right about Kevin Dodd, but I haven't heard much from the third of those second round picks. 

22 minutes ago, Crickett said:

So Titans fans, how has Austin Johnson looked?  I hated that trio of Titans' 2016 second round picks at the time.  I was clearly wrong about Derrick Henry and clearly right about Kevin Dodd, but I haven't heard much from the third of those second round picks. 

Solid but nothing spectacular. When he was drafted, he reminded me of former PSU teammate and current Titan teammate DaQuan Jones. Johnson will compete this year with Bennie Logan for the starting NT job but either way he’s definitely in the rotation and a solid player.

Strengths

Relentless competitor with NFL-­ready frame. Refuses to give offensive lineman a play off. Not content to be around a play, wants in the action. Won't lay on blocks and able to improve his position after contact through footwork and strength. Never drops eyes from ball location and is able to unhinge from blocks quickly to make a play when the ball enters his patch of grass. Extremely instinctive and well-coached. Snuffs out screens, bootlegs and shovel passes almost every game. Takes his contain responsibility very seriously. Insane production spike from last year to this season. Saw his quarterback pressures go from three to 46 and he was credited with 12 sacks in 2015 season. Athletic upfield burst with desired bend and hip flexion to corner the edge. Has length and leverage to become an effective speed-­to­-power rusher. Wore Alabama out with three sacks and two tackles for loss. Tape shows a player who played his best football at the end of the year.

^^^ From NFL.com

WTF happened? Literally just had his team sign one of the best LB coaches in the game as HC and could have really flourished under him. Just to p**s it all away? We had Shea McClellin for years in CHI, he wan't worth a damn but he at least was a try-hard guy. I'll never understand the entitlement to people who have a chance to compete at the highest level in the world but don't care to work for it.

Just off his college tape, someone will try to get him to be a reclamation project back at DE in a 4-3. See if he can bother to sign his minimum deal or not...

Archived