O's, Yankees Agree to Zach Britton Trade Pending Medicals

ramssuperbowl99

7 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

This isn't 2015 anymore, Mission.  Neither of those things are true in 2018.

Actually Britton was better in 2016. If he's healthy - he'll do the Yankees just fine.

For the team to give up three prospects for him - somebody in the organization thinks he's healthy.

He gives us guts and performance all accomplished for an under performing organization. Can fill in for Chapman if necessary (due to injury or workload) - or Betances if he slides into Chapmans role (due to injury or workload) and replaces the left handed arm of Chasen Shreve who was inconsistent.

It's a good add.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Actually Britton was better in 2016. If he's healthy - he'll do the Yankees just fine.

For the team to give up three prospects for him - somebody in the organization thinks he's healthy.

He gives us guts and performance all accomplished for an under performing organization. Can fill in for Chapman if necessary (due to injury or workload) - or Betances if he slides into Chapmans role (due to injury or workload) and replaces the left handed arm of Chasen Shreve who was inconsistent.

It's a good add.

But Tate was really meh as a prospect in 2016, which is why I had to go back to 2015 for both to be true. ;)

Britton is a fine speculative add for sure.  There's upside there.  For the low price given, it was absolutely worth it for the Yanks.  Just don't assume that pre-injury Britton is going to magically appear.

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

But Tate was really meh as a prospect in 2016, which is why I had to go back to 2015 for both to be true. ;)

Britton is a fine speculative add for sure.  There's upside there.  For the low price given, it was absolutely worth it for the Yanks.  Just don't assume that pre-injury Britton is going to magically appear.

Yeah but we don’t need pre-injury Britton. Lol 

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yeah but we don’t need pre-injury Britton. Lol 

I never said you did.  I only commented directly on Mission calling Britton a stud.  He hasn't been one since 2016 and his injury.  Britton could be a fine reliever for you guys, but even if he's not, the price paid wasn't all that much.

Just now, hrubes20 said:

But Tate was really meh as a prospect in 2016, which is why I had to go back to 2015 for both to be true. ;) Britton is a fine speculative add for sure.  There's upside there.  For the low price given, it was absolutely worth it for the Yanks.  Just don't assume that pre-injury Britton is going to magically appear.

I agree - but I'm not figuring "pre-injury Britton" will appear.

I'd be more concerned if the area of injury was his elbow....or wrist....or shoulder. But it wasnt. It was the tendon at the back of his right ankle. About as far away from the action as you can get....unless his big toe had fallen off or something LOL

I personally knew and know nothing of Tate. Perhaps he'll pan out. Oh well. The cost of doing business in the Big City.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Can I just say that it sucks butt that the Yankees have both rebuilt effectively and are being competently managed?

I miss George being an idiot.

Cashmans made some good moves and the organization's made two decisions that bode well: stay under the luxury tax and "keep the kids"

Just now, Leader said:

Cashmans made some good moves and the organization's made two decisions that bode well: stay under the luxury tax and "keep the kids"

Yeah and it sucks. They used to never do that, then all the kids worked out, all the bad contracts except Ellsbury are gone, and you have a butt ton of money waiting to improve a 100 win team.

I miss the Three Stooges management of 10-15 years ago.

Archived