Doctson underego's MRI

mar29020

The words precautionary and MRI don't go very well together, especially when used in a sentence with Redskins wide receiver Josh Doctson. 

So Tuesday's news that Doctson underwent a precautionary MRI on his leg should be worthy of some alarm for Redskins fans. 

After speaking with a team official, Richmond Times-Dispatch's Paul Woody reported that the MRI took place Monday and Doctson is still expected to take place in team conditioning drills on Wednesday. 

It's important to note that the report suggests no damage for Doctson. 

The third-year receiver's Redskins tenure has been marred by injuries from the beginning. He missed virtually his entire rookie season with mysterious Achilles issues. Last year, he hurt his hamstring in training camp and that caused him to get off to a slow start. 

Since being drafted in the first round in 2016, Doctson has posted 37 catches for 568 yards and six touchdowns.

The Redskins need more out of Doctson in 2018, and the wideout seemed excited about his offseason work, saying he expects to do "huge things" while speaking to a football camp in Texas. 

Huge things will require health. Precautionary or not, MRIs seem worrisome. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-wr-josh-doctson-underwent-precautionary-mri-leg-report

It’s a concern but it is just precautionary. I’d rather see him have to rest his leg the first few days of camp then to see him miss time during the regular season.

I’d like to remind everyone that Doctson did play in all 16 games last year. 

53 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I wish we had traded back and drafted Michael Thomas... but that's hindsight.  Everyone thought Doctson would be better.  At least he's been better than his other 1st round draft class WRs in Laquon Tradwell and Corey Coleman.

Will Fuller has been good for the Texans when healthy. Thomas has been amazing though. Too bad we passed on him.

Thank god we didn’t take Treadwell or Coleman. They’ve done nothing. I guess it remains to be seen if they’ll be better for the Browns and Vikings with better QB play this year.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

MRI was to check his achilles per W P. Must have pain/ discomfort. Can't be good even though of course-- they say it's fine . It was also fine in 2016 when he basically missed the full season.. 

That’s an issue. Hopefully it doesn’t linger like it did his rookie season.

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, he’s injury prone too. Actually, Julio is more injury prone than Doctson. Falcons aren’t going to trade Julio right now, no way.

Julio Jones has played in 84.8% of the regular season games the Atlanta Falcons have played since he was drafted.

Josh Doctson has played in 56.25%

Tell me again who is more injury prone?

Archived