Division Predictions

onejayhawk

Over/Under Eight Wins: Over

Actual Record: 9 - 7

Best in Rest of Division: Oakland

Make Playoffs: no

Win Division: no

Number of Playoff Wins: 0

Being pessimistic here, not buying into the PMII hype. He'll have to learn, and the division will be stronger than last year.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:27 PM, onejayhawk said:

Over/Under Eight Wins: Over

Actual Record: 10-6

Best in Rest of Division: Chargers 10-6

Make Playoffs: Yes

Win Division: Yes

Number of Playoff Wins: Two

J

I'll basically second this, though I don't think we win two playoff wins. Just hard with a rookie QB. Seems more common with even the more successful young QBs that the first go is a one and done and the second one is where they get deeper. Big Ben, Russell Wilson, even Aaron Rodgers (technically he missed, then lost early in the playoffs, then went deep, but you get the idea.) I think we beat a weaker wildcard team then bow out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2018 at 4:26 AM, onejayhawk said:

USA Today has the Chiefs at 7-9 and not winning the division. What do you say?

Over/Under Eight Wins: Equal

Actual Record: 8-8

Best in Rest of Division: LAC

Make Playoffs: no

Win Division: no

Number of Playoff Wins: 0

J

I think there will be some growing pains with PM2. We have already seen he can be special but he will have some games with a lot of turnovers as well. I also don't think our defense is good. I don't think our division is any good either, best of the bunch is probably the always overrated Chargers, so we definitely have a shot. But I expect some growing pains and I think we will miss the PO by a hair.

Hopefully I'm wrong though

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I think there will be some growing pains with PM2. We have already seen he can be special but he will have some games with a lot of turnovers as well. I also don't think our defense is good. I don't think our division is any good either, best of the bunch is probably the always overrated Chargers, so we definitely have a shot. But I expect some growing pains and I think we will miss the PO by a hair.

Hopefully I'm wrong though

One thing is for sure, PM2 is going to turn over the ball more than Alex Smith but he's also going to electrify this offense a load more. I'm excited to see what happens and will be interested to see how much they run the ball at the start of the year.a

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 9:26 PM, onejayhawk said:

USA Today has the Chiefs at 7-9 and not winning the division. What do you say?

Over/Under Eight Wins: under

Actual Record: 7-9

Best in Rest of Division: LAC

Make Playoffs: no

Win Division: no

Number of Playoff Wins: 0

Too many questions on offense AND defense. Too many UDFA's for a championship team. PM2 needs seasoning, which will be this year. I'd love to be wrong, which is possible with Mack to Chicago. Possible to sweep Oakland now.  But Oakland gets rich via the draft, which spells trouble for the future.

Archived