Giants sign OLB Connor Barwin to 2-year deal

TheKillerNacho

2 minutes ago, UKTexans said:

He had a few good and a couple very good seasons. I guess he's a solid rotation/camp body guy.

Exactly. If you're expecting him to play starter snaps, you're going to have a bad time. Get him as part of a rotation/situational pass rush, he could be valuable.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Exactly. If you're expecting him to play starter snaps, you're going to have a bad time. Get him as part of a rotation/situational pass rush, he could be valuable.

He's basically a faster Brooks Reed at this point in his career.

7 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000941565/article/connor-barwin-agrees-to-2year-deal-with-giants

Iirc, he was pretty awful for the Eagles and Rams the last couple seasons. The Giants do run a 3-4 and need depth at OLB. But it doesn't seem that Barwin has much left.

He wasn't awful at all his last season with the Eagles. Just not worth the contract he was getting and not an ideal fit in a 4-3

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

One of my favorite Eagles has to sully his good name by signing with the NFCE basement dwellers. Sad. 

"We’ve had interest from a number of teams all offseason,” Barwin said. I’m not going to go somewhere that I don’t think can win a Super Bowl.”

He's always been a thorn in the Giants side.  The Giants are going to be doing a lot of rotation at OLB this year in the 3-4.  Vernon will have one side locked down, but Barwin will rotate with rookie Lorenzo Carter and Kareem Martin who played for Bettcher in Arizona.

Archived