The official training camp thread

MWil23

33 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah I'm cool with Peppers as the main piece in trading for an impending free agent but I'm not trading Ogbah and Peppers and additional to sign a guy to a crazy contract.

I'd be happy to offload peppers. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think he will be a food box safety but I think that is the most replaceable position on defense.

Personally I think Kindred is better anyway. Maybe not as good of an athlete but he’s just as good at doing what he needs to do 

20 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Good on the defense!

I read an article about how Taylor did so well and Mayfield had mixed results. Mayfiel's mixed results were with the second team offense against the first team defense. He did well against the 2nd team defense. Meanwhile Taylor did well against the second team defense (with the 1st team offense) and had a 3 and out against the 1st team defense (with the 1st team offense).

Just seems a little off that you will say that one guy struggled and the other played well when they both struggled against the 1st team offense and fared well against the 2nd team and one QB had the 2nd team offense going against the 1st team defense. Still, if Taylor is better right now I support him starting but I am a little concerned that they are intentionally trying to support a decision that was made before anyone ever took the field and which our HC says he won't change his mind about no matter what.

I am also pretty intoxicated. I mean I'm always pretty but even more so when I'm drunk. Okay, only when I'm drunk.

This is Hueball.

Same thing he did last year only skewed in Kizer's favor.

This is one reason why he must go.

This is interesting.  I love Peppers, I think back at his more natural position, he has Troy Padsflhdfglkjhsdf type of potential.  But for Mack, with Kindred waiting in the wings, I probably would do it, but I would not throw in any of our top 4 LBs, I would not throw in Ogbah.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think he will be a good box safety but I think that is the most replaceable position on defense.

A true in the box safety but I would say peppers or that role of safety in this browns defense is different because of how they use the FS

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

A true in the box safety but I would say peppers or that role of safety in this browns defense is different because of how they use the FS

I hate box safeties. It’s a passing league. We need to cover as much as possible. Not have an extra LB to do what the LBs and DLine is suppose to do. 

Archived