The official training camp thread

MWil23

20 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I won’t be surprised if Kindred starts the year at SS regardless of Peppers is healthy. 

The coaches are in self-preservation mode, and FO has no ties to either guy. They’ll play whomever they think is better at this point in time. Would not surprise me either way. My guess is both have a role.

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He should but we don’t really have the room for him there. He’d be our 5th LB?  

Peppers could only play as a nickel or 4th lb in a 4-4 set imo he is too small. Telvin SMITH would be his comparison and he is 215. 

That dude with one hand is another and in college he could get blocked 15-20 yards down field. No way that Peppers can stand up to tackle or te in run locking to set the edge.

He doesn't have the frame or 230 pounds 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Peppers could only play as a nickel or 4th lb in a 4-4 set imo he is too small. Telvin SMITH would be his comparison and he is 215. 

That dude with one hand is another and in college he could get blocked 15-20 yards down field. No way that Peppers can do that. 

If we play a 4-4 the 4th LB should be Kendrick’s. Peppers has a way to go. Didn’t impress me stopping the run at all last season. Takes some very poor angles. 

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If we play a 4-4 the 4th LB should be Kendrick’s. Peppers has a way to go. Didn’t impress me stopping the run at all last season. Takes some very poor angles. 

I think we all forget about how terrible a position Peppers was in last year playing that BS

he had ZERO experience playing football in that way I wouldn't judge his angles by that

I think he can be a pro bowl strong safety playing the same way he did against Pittsburgh in the last game 

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There aren’t a lot of good angles from 25 yards back.

The criticism of Peppers at this point is absurd, he was clearly out of position last year sans week 17 when he had a pick and would have had a sack if not for a penalty.

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There aren’t a lot of good angles from 25 yards back.

The criticism of Peppers at this point is absurd, he was clearly out of position last year sans week 17 when he had a pick and would have had a sack if not for a penalty.

Week 17 was against backups and shouldn’t be taken into consideration. 

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Am I suppose to take a game serious that Landry Jones started and went 23/27? 

So it means nothing?

Playing him out of position is a legit reason to say he stinks, but we can discount the one game he played at his more natural spot, and played well, because they faced a backup QB? Was that the only time anyone faced a backup all year?  Are we discounting all those games too?

Archived