The official training camp thread

MWil23

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

A 3-4? Why? That makes no sense to me given our roster makeup. And playing Khalil Mack at SLB would be dumb given the talent we already have at OLB. All a 3-4 would do is get Ogbah, Garrett, and Mack on the field at the same time--something that can be accomplished in any defense without having to suffer the consequences of another scheme change. We have no NT, which is the most important piece of a 3-4.

47 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t know if I can watch us switch defenses yet again. We have to stick with something. It’s a revolving door between 4-3 and 3-4 every two years.

35 minutes ago, mistakey said:

mentioning the 3-4 in this forum should be a bannable offense @freakygeniuskid become a dictator

Okay I'm not saying Wholesale changes to a 3-4, I'm just saying you put your best players on the field, and having Garrett  - Ogbah - Mack on the field most of the time doing most of the pass rushing would probably be that.  Most defense sin the NFL can have whatever base package you want but are very hybrid in that they don't consistently run the same thing.

As far as the linebackers, I'm pretty sure everyone has the same lingering feeling that Collins wont be on the team much longer unless he REALLY shows off this year.  Unless we re-sign Michael Kendricks I don't know that he will be on the team more than a year either, so its not like I'm saying cut a long standing player who everyone expects would be around for a while, I just think that's how it would play out if we got Mack.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Lol I also love how we are giving up picks WITH Myles Garrett to get Mack. I know weed is legal in California, but meth isn't, @Humble_Beast.

one pick and Garrett... Mack is a top ten player in the NFL, when if the last time the Browns had one of those? you guys have a good young core, Mack could take your defense to the next level. An all pro edge rusher entering in his prime, no injury concerns, no character issues??? excuse me, for think his value is high

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

one pick and Garrett... Mack is a top ten player in the NFL, when if the last time the Browns had one of those? you guys have a good young core, Mack could take your defense to the next level. An all pro edge rusher entering in his prime, no injury concerns, no character issues??? excuse me, for think his value is high

Image result for ashley schaeffer gif

Archived