The official training camp thread

MWil23

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We also can’t expect a complete rebuild and turn around in a single off season.  Let’s take a step back and breathe first. 

If this was year 2-3 with Dorsey, I would be getting upset. 

This is Professional Sports... it's not about needing a complete rebuild ... it's basic knowledge regarding roster composition and building.

If a GM expects to keep 5 WRs on the 53-man roster... and 2 of them have availability/reliability concerns (JG and Callaway); 1 is a rookie (Damion Ratley ... Callaway); 1 hasn't ever cracked 95 total yards and 1 TD in a season (Jeff Janis); and 1 is a 4.8, 40yd scrappy possession receiver (Rashard Higgins).... then that GM has to know they need to do some contingency planning when it comes to building the roster to account for the issues..

Year 1 or not... while not catastrophic ... it's fair to critique such decisions now and conclude that the decisions weren't wise ...

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We could of had those guys but having Corbett gave us a LT (he allowed us to move Bit) and potential a Devastating left side running game

Or Draft Courtland Sutton and Sign Nate Solder... point is ... there were other options available that would've more complemented our roster rather than the selection of a guard especially when our receiving corps had such apparent issues.... our first WR decision in the draft added a player with more issues...

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Or Draft Courtland Sutton and Sign Nate Solder... point is ... there were other options available that would've more complemented our roster rather than the selection of a guard especially when our receiving corps had such apparent issues.... our first WR decision in the draft added a player with more issues...

Well free agency happened before the draft and the Browns did make a play for him but he sign with the Giants instead. 

Going into the draft the browns had more issues with the offensive line than WRs

There is still a gentle calm before the storm now that you all believe that Baker Mayfield was/is still the right pick and savior of the franchise...

When you lot realize that it wasn't... and the whole house of cards comes down... I'll be waiting at the house with some beers of various kinds, an arsenal of hard liquor, and a shrine to the King that never was but should've been... Sir Darnold of San Clemente...

All this does for me is make clear our objectives for next off-season: Left tackle and rebuild our WR room completely. We have the avenues of trade, FA, and draft picks to accomplish these two objectives, with the luxury of not having to address QB, for once, to complicate things.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

There is still a gentle calm before the storm now that you all believe that Baker Mayfield was/is still the right pick and savior of the franchise...

When you lot realize that it wasn't... and the whole house of cards comes down... I'll be waiting at the house with some beers of various kinds, an arsenal of hard liquor, and a shrine to the King that never was but should've been... Sir Darnold of San Clemente...

Here we go again.  Darnold (Mr. Mediocre) is not the right answer, even in hindsight.  He never was, he never will be.  He is what he is.  Baker was an outstanding pick.  HEE HEE.  That said, Tyrod could very well prove to be the answer, which is a good problem to have.  If he is and they extend him, then Baker could be on the block to the highest bidder, or we have the best backup in the NFL.  HEE HEE again!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/TZTWOdBEVxTR6/giphy.gif

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Well free agency happened before the draft and the Browns did make a play for him but he sign with the Giants instead. 

Going into the draft the browns had more issues with the offensive line than WRs

We'll just have to agree to disagree b/c for me heading into the draft we had only 1 reliable starting WR (Jarvis Landry)... Gordon, Coleman, Higgins, Ricardo Louis... etc could not be relied upon.. when it came to our Offensive Line... we had 2 pro bowlers, depth at RT, and a good center...

That left just the LT position as a position of need.. we did not address that position in the draft with Corbett (I said so at the time not just now)... maybe in a way you can say we addressed LT with the Corbett pick b/c now Bitonio can get moved to LT... even still imo ... WR was the bigger need...

We'll see how it shakes out..

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree b/c for me heading into the draft we had only 1 reliable starting WR (Jarvis Landry)... Gordon, Coleman, Higgins, Ricardo Louis... etc could not be relied upon.. when it came to our Offensive Line... we had 2 pro bowlers, depth at RT, and a good center...

That left just the LT position as a position of need.. we did not address that position in the draft with Corbett (I said so at the time not just now)... maybe in a way you can say we addressed LT with the Corbett pick b/c now Bitonio can get moved to LT... even still imo ... WR was the bigger need...

We'll see how it shakes out..

Browns had to take Corbett knowing he was  either going to be the starting left tackle or he could be made a left guard so Bit could be kicked out to left tackle

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Sign Dontrell Inman .... I watched 6 games of Dez Bryant last year... he is completely washed... done done... he can't separate at all ... he can't high point the ball anymore..

Inman had some good film... not sure why he hasn't received a camp invite yet...

While I still think Dez can make it happen, I agree on Dontrell Inman. He looked promising.

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

Screw Gordon. Screw Callaway. No more lowlife consummate loser types. It's in some men's DNA to fail and self destruct. We gotta weed them out, regardless of their God given ability. We need more Jarvis Landrys!

was your pun intended or no it depends on if you get a little electric football or not

Archived