The official training camp thread

MWil23

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

have we ever heard for our past GMs doing this?

I don't care. Not the GM's job. Like, it's not a negative in any way, but it's not a positive either. It just... is. Fun fact, no impact on how good or not he is at his job.

10 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I don't care. Not the GM's job. Like, it's not a negative in any way, but it's not a positive either. It just... is. Fun fact, no impact on how good or not he is at his job.

Freaky, it's past your bed time.

8 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Bucky brooks gave Bakers B for his preseason performance and Sam Darnold a ******* A. Get the **** out here bro. Like if you want to give them both As fine whatever but Baker looked way better then Darnold 

Yeah, Darnold had 2 more completions and Baker has over twice as many yards.  Here is your confirmation of what I was telling you all along, get ready to see it a lot more.

Regarding the Oline, I would love to see Robinson flip the switch and become elite and move Bitonio back to LG.  Our run blocking was terrible in New York.  Bitonio needs to move back there to help it, but we need a LT to keep Tyrod clean.  I would rather see Robinson work well at LT than Corbett work well at LG.

5 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Not a negative but it is a positive IMO. Not a Part of his job but it is a great way to build a relationship with the players. Send messages to them and maybe potential FAs. Sends messages to the coaches. Prolly instills a little bit more respect.

do you think a lot of the coaches the previous two years fully respected Sashi? Just shows his football mind. If he knows how to teach certain things to players, then he knows what to look for in certain players.

in no way it’s a negative. It’s a positive but it’s not going to be a huge positive that it trumps an issue or two if they come up. 

Just saying we have never heard things like this from other GMs like Savage, Farmar, and etc. only GM you could say is butch but he was also the coach.

56 minutes ago, buno67 said:
6 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Not a negative but it is a positive IMO. Not a Part of his job but it is a great way to build a relationship with the players. Send messages to them and maybe potential FAs. Sends messages to the coaches. Prolly instills a little bit more respect.

do you think a lot of the coaches the previous two years fully respected Sashi? Just shows his football mind. If he knows how to teach certain things to players, then he knows what to look for in certain players.

in no way it’s a negative. It’s a positive but it’s not going to be a huge positive that it trumps an issue or two if they come up. 

Just saying we have never heard things like this from other GMs like Savage, Farmar, and etc. only GM you could say is butch but he was also the coach.

This is just my opinion, but if I'm a player, I would think it's weird that the GM is trying to coach me on anything.  My thoughts would be, you do your job and what your paid to do which is be GM and I'll do what I'm paid to do and play tight end.  Let the people who are paid to coach be the ones who coach me.   

Peace!!!

26 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but......here goes anyway.....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/14/todd-haley-and-gregg-williams-barking-at-each-other-in-practice/

I don't know if this is great or a nightmare????  But I'm sure it will be Hard K(n)ocks gold.

I absolutely love it, both guys got their competitive juices going. Thats want it's all about, you want your offensive players to be just as competitive as your defensive players and they will reflect the attitude of their coach. Just imagine Haley, he's probably extra edgy because he wants to put up 50 on the Steelers. I absolutely love it

8 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I mean Farmar did it too, just by text message. ??‍♂️

37 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

This is just my opinion, but if I'm a player, I would think it's weird that the GM is trying to coach me on anything.  My thoughts would be, you do your job and what your paid to do which is be GM and I'll do what I'm paid to do and play tight end.  Let the people who are paid to coach be the ones who coach me.   

Peace!!!

So if your in a business and the ceo comes up to and gives you say a tips to improve sales, are you just gonna tell him to stay in your lane budda boy. 

Or a school administrator comes up to a student  and gives them a tip, should they ignore them becuase they no longer teach kids, Tell that admin they need to stay in the office and worry about allocating resources and work on school policies and looking for new evaluations. 

Now if that GM was like Sashi and had no playing experience and no vast scouting experience, that be weird. Be like him taking legal advice from a player or a financial advisor taking advice from Nassib now

14 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I absolutely love it, both guys got their competitive juices going. Thats want it's all about, you want your offensive players to be just as competitive as your defensive players and they will reflect the attitude of their coach. Just imagine Haley, he's probably extra edgy because he wants to put up 50 on the Steelers. I absolutely love it

Yeah I don’t see an issue with it either. Just competitive. Also shows guys going to bat for their players. One guy is trying to protect the Qb and one guy bragging that his player can’t be blocked. 

It will make for great Hardknocks footage tho 

Archived