The official training camp thread

MWil23

5 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I guess you and I have a different thought process in regards to what we deem experienced enough to instruct TE's on the practice field. I could be mistaken but I don't recall Dorsey ever being a coach in football.  I know he played LB in college and the NFL but in my opinion, that still doesn't give him the experience or qualify him to teach/give tips/coach the TE's.  Finally, I do not see experience as a GM/scout as having the necessary experience either to giving TE's tips.  Evaluating talent is different from being able to teach/coach talent.

This is all a moot point anyway.  Dorsey will do what he wants.  He is Haslams new golden boy and that's ok.  As long as the Browns win, he can be GM, coach, or water boy for all I care.  Whatever floats his boat.  I just want the Browns to win.

Peace!!!

Well our current TE coach previously before being named our TE coach had one season of being a legit nfl TE positional coaching assignment. At Cincy he was mainly a scout for them for his 10+years and helped out with TEs in camps. He was never a full time TE coach for Cincy.  Majority of his career he was an OC/QB coach. Hell guy was a HS DC for two years than became TE at Purdue than year later became LB coach. Then later became an OL and running back coach, then QB and OC coach. 

Well with Dorsey, he was a linebacker, so he spent his career trying to defend and cover TEs. So Dorsey can tell them tips on what TEs did to him as a LB that he had issues stopping. 

Again being a scout and talent evaluator, he has prolly seen plenty of game tape or practice time of what good TE play is and what bad play is.

Hell when I landed my first coaching job it was as a LB coach. Spent my  whole playing career as a linemen. Sold the HC that I could be a LB coach because I spent my whole playing career blocking them and watching film on them. I can relate to them what needs to be done to beat blocks and to read blocking schemes. The HC loved that approach. Made me the LB coach, TE coach (Lol) and JV DC lol all my years coaching, coaching TE was the easiest position group lol

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Someone needed to text him on draft day not to take dudes like Justin Gilbert. That dudes drafting dug us the biggest hole during that tenure.

Dude has no spine. He drafted what the owner and coach wanted and not what he thought. Heck his best picks were the later rd picks because they were made off of his scouting. If the dude had balls he could of been better

48 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

My favorite part of that quote is Hue deflecting the blame again to someone else for a decision that was made.

Coleman is a clown. Hard to even wish that dude the best going forward.

Either deflecting blame or didn't want to come off as the bad guy. I'm guessing Haley would have probably told him how it was without worrying about hurting his feeling though so as long as Haley doesn't mind being the "bad" guy or the fall guy he should make a good team with Hue.

15 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Either deflecting blame or didn't want to come off as the bad guy. I'm guessing Haley would have probably told him how it was without worrying about hurting his feeling though so as long as Haley doesn't mind being the "bad" guy or the fall guy he should make a good team with Hue.

I mean, yes, perhaps, but if Haley made the call no reason he shouldn’t tell him.

15 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hue handled it properly IMO. Haley prolly determines the depth.  Or he said it as a back handed insult that you should go talk to haley why your 2nd team. You just got your butt chewed out by Haley for showing no effort, running lazy routes, and etc. hell if you have playing time issues, you should never go straight to the HC. You go to your positional coach than Coordinators. That’s the universal rule I thought. It’s how it was handled when I played and when I coached. My HCs always told us positional coaches that we are the first line of defense lol all issues and concerns of any kind had to be brought to the positonal coach first because most of the time we could fix it. If a kid came to him about a silly injury or a stupid question, we positional coaches got yelled at

16 hours ago, NateDawg said:

My favorite part of that quote is Hue deflecting the blame again to someone else for a decision that was made.

Coleman is a clown. Hard to even wish that dude the best going forward.

16 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I mean seriously guys... how do you not hear what Hue said after that... and understand how football teams work...

haha... this stuff is priceless...

say it with me... FIRE HUE... FIRE HUE...

That interaction was DEFINITELY Hue throwing people under the bus again... am I right...

This guy never changes... FIRE HUE....

Archived