The official training camp thread

MWil23

6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

https://www.cleveland.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/08/fdaa91f6c69211/what-happened-at-cleveland-bro.html#incart_big-photo

desmond Harrison already the backup.  Other good news- pic of Gordon and Njoku together if you’re into that sort of thing

This is good. I was just going to stop by this thread and complain about the unofficial depth chart listing Harrison as the third LT behind Robinson. Fortunately for me, you came along and reported facts that prevented me from making myself look like an idiot. :)

P.S. - Bring back Lemmy

10 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

This is good. I was just going to stop by this thread and complain about the unofficial depth chart listing Harrison as the third LT behind Robinson. Fortunately for me, you came along and reported facts that prevented me from making myself look like an idiot. :)

P.S. - Bring back Lemmy

Crazy how far Coleman has fallen... not really, have always thought he was trash and easily replaceable. Respect for what he has done with his career after his diagnoses in college but he should and is being replaced.

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Crazy how far Coleman has fallen... not really, have always thought he was trash and easily replaceable. Respect for what he has done with his career after his diagnoses in college but he should and is being replaced.

If I'm being honest, the practice session between he and Joe Thomas on the day of Thomas' retirement left me feeling optimistic. But yes, he's being outshined at every waking opportunity. Dude's gotta go.

20 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Gonzalez doesn't seem like he wants to be replaced.

I'm rooting for Gonzalez.  He had a rough start to the season but finished strong last year.  I think he will be a very good kicker for us for a long time.  Any one can have a good camp....I think hes our long term answer....

i dont know if zane gonzalez is our long term kicker and im glad he got competition.  i hope one of them is successful.  but, i hope its someone of gonzalez's distance ability, so i guess maybe i am rooting for him.  dudes got a cannon.  im also fine with drafting a 7th round punter eveyr year until we find one.

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

If I'm being honest, the practice session between he and Joe Thomas on the day of Thomas' retirement left me feeling optimistic. But yes, he's being outshined at every waking opportunity. Dude's gotta go.

To me I thought Joe Thomas coaching was overrated. To me Joe thomas wouldn’t make a great coach.  A lot of what makes Joe great is how natural everything comes to Thomas. He was born to be a HoF LT. I’m not saying he didn’t work at his craft. He fined tuned everything he was naturally gifted at to make a giant ball of awesomeness but when it comes to coaching from players like him, it’s really hard to teach because what Joe does that makes him great is things you can’t teach. Literally joe had the perfect pass set. He can tell someone how he does it but when he did it, it was perfect every time, someone like Coleman might get it perfect once and awhile. To me that thought process is why some of the all time greats in any sport never truly make it as coaches because they try to teach the things that made them great when thats nearly impossible because what made them great was god given natural ability. To me that’s why some of the best coaches are the guys that were never the great athletes or guys that barely played the game in college or past college. Because they had to learn evey ins and outs to the game or position and from there they are able to teach about. 

Thats just my opinion. 

That's one way of looking at it.....^^^.......I look at it different. Thomas teaching Coleman technique and the playbook should eliminate that HORRIFIC wiff he had in the Bills game, that got Baker hit like the Bills defender was wearing a badge. hryEYn.gif

Too Soon???? :P

IMO, Coleman needs to be moved inside to OG IMMEDIATELY...its the only thing I think saves his career at this point. He is a big strong run blocking guy, he has not developed the footwork, technique and may not have the natural quickness to play the OT. Moving him to OG and letting Harrison and Robinson work at LT and RT respectively and lets see if we can develop them. Then let Coleman and Durango fight it out for the backup OG position (or we keep 2 OG's).

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

That's one way of looking at it.....^^^.......I look at it different. Thomas teaching Coleman technique and the playbook should eliminate that HORRIFIC wiff he had in the Bills game, that got Baker hit like the Bills defender was wearing a badge. hryEYn.gif

Too Soon???? :P

IMO, Coleman needs to be moved inside to OG IMMEDIATELY...its the only thing I think saves his career at this point. He is a big strong run blocking guy, he has not developed the footwork, technique and may not have the natural quickness to play the OT. Moving him to OG and letting Harrison and Robinson work at LT and RT respectively and lets see if we can develop them. Then let Coleman and Durango fight it out for the backup OG position (or we keep 2 OG's).

I don’t think Coleman can play guard. To me he doesn’t have the lower body to play guard and really dig out a 3T or a 1T

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

To me I thought Joe Thomas coaching was overrated. To me Joe thomas wouldn’t make a great coach.  A lot of what makes Joe great is how natural everything comes to Thomas. He was born to be a HoF LT. I’m not saying he didn’t work at his craft. He fined tuned everything he was naturally gifted at to make a giant ball of awesomeness but when it comes to coaching from players like him, it’s really hard to teach because what Joe does that makes him great is things you can’t teach. Literally joe had the perfect pass set. He can tell someone how he does it but when he did it, it was perfect every time, someone like Coleman might get it perfect once and awhile. To me that thought process is why some of the all time greats in any sport never truly make it as coaches because they try to teach the things that made them great when thats nearly impossible because what made them great was god given natural ability. To me that’s why some of the best coaches are the guys that were never the great athletes or guys that barely played the game in college or past college. Because they had to learn evey ins and outs to the game or position and from there they are able to teach about. 

Thats just my opinion. 

I counted "To me" 4 times, so I just wanna make sure...You're absolutely certain these are your opinions? The "To me" doesn't really seal the deal, to me.

Archived