The official training camp thread

MWil23

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

Hue plans to have Harrison practice sometime with the 1s and move Bitonio back inside this week .... dude wtf one week out and u want to make moves. 

I think Harrison is fully healthy and prolly want to see what the line looks like with Harrison as LT and Bit at LG. Wants to play the 5 best and that could possibly happen. Harrison has the natural ability he could of been a top tackle prospect if everything fell into place for him. Browns might of gotten lucky and got a steal as an UDFA. 

It’s game week, the practice reps are not nearly as important compared to just watching film and understanding your opponent. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

It would be great if we out preform our talent rather than under preform it. 

Of we don’t have a top 10 defence I will think he has done a poor job.

To me ceiling is top 5 and floor is 15-17 range. 

If healthy, they should be no worse than a top12 defense. 

48 minutes ago, buno67 said:

To me ceiling is top 5 and floor is 15-17 range. 

If healthy, they should be no worse than a top12 defense. 

We still have Greeeeeegg. Put me down for a ceiling around 5-8, a floor in the 20-25 range and the most likely outcome being 12-18.

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What do you think we should be for talent? I think top 5

I'd say somewhere in the top 10 for sure, depending mostly on if the iDL can hold up and whether or not the corners' success so far is legit.

If the iDL can be average-slightly above average and the corners are as good as they've looked at times, combined with a healthy Garrett/Ogbah pair? Top 5, yeah I could see that for sure.

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

When did he say he had 7 head coach job offers? He said he had 7 offers in general and that he chose the browns. I would assume it be offers to be DC. Let’s actually see what he does when he actually has talent and the talent is healthy. His defense looks light years better compared to last year. Dude is brash but who the hell cares about that. 

He mentioned it also in his first pess conference 

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Dude is brash but who the hell cares about that. 

I don’t care about that personally. I just don’t want to see a box safety impersonating Antwan Randle El for 16 unsuccessful games out of the season, without adjustment. 

If Greggggg manages to coach up the D a bit better, he can be as brash as he wants to be. 

No more excuses for these coaches. The bald one especially. They’re running out of scapegoats. It still amazes me that Hueball can go 0-16 following a 1-15 and basically say “Hey look over there,” literally convincing Heehaw he is not part of the problem. 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s a proven winning nfl coach. We’re desperate for that. I’ll take the weird. 

Hue was a proven OC and a .500 HC before and he is garbage here. 

Everything Harbs was labeled as has been a failure at Michigan 

34 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:
36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hard pass on that weird arse dude.

He’s a proven winning nfl coach. We’re desperate for that. I’ll take the weird. 

He was a proven winning coach at Stanford University .  Unfortunatley that did not translate to success when he returned to cillege football.  Just because he was successful before at San Francisco does not guarantee he will be successful if he returned to the NFL.

Peace!!!

23 minutes ago, DawgX said:

LOL you guys are crazy. If Harbaugh was willing to come here, I would be totally fine having him here.

I would rather go after a Hot shot young OC. Specially one who doesn’t have a very weird/strange personality or has had power struggles with a FO. 

If Dorsey picks Harbs as the best, I’ll back it until Harbs proves other wise but I rather go after like a guy like flip. 

Or I rather go after and hire guy becuase he is having a whirlwind of success, not s guy who was just fired for failing to deliver on his promises. I could see if talent was the issue but the dude has brought in some amazing recruiting classes. 

Really, if Hue is gone after this year or mid season and Oklahoma is having an amazing year. Give me Lincoln Riley. Him and Baker will be on the same page from day one. Baker can easily sell the coach to the team. 

Archived