The official training camp thread

MWil23

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would rather go after a Hot shot young OC. Specially one who doesn’t have a very weird/strange personality or has had power struggles with a FO. 

If Dorsey picks Harbs as the best, I’ll back it until Harbs proves other wise but I rather go after like a guy like flip. 

Or I rather go after and hire guy becuase he is having a whirlwind of success, not s guy who was just fired for failing to deliver on his promises. I could see if talent was the issue but the dude has brought in some amazing recruiting classes. 

Really, if Hue is gone after this year or mid season and Oklahoma is having an amazing year. Give me Lincoln Riley. Him and Baker will be on the same page from day one. Baker can easily sell the coach to the team. 

I'm not saying Harbaugh would be my first choice. To be honest, I don't know who would be my first choice at this point in time, although both Flip and Lincoln Riley intrigue me. All I'm saying is that I certainly won't be mad if we did hire Harbaugh.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I'm not saying Harbaugh would be my first choice. To be honest, I don't know who would be my first choice at this point in time, although both Flip and Lincoln Riley intrigue me. All I'm saying is that I certainly won't be mad if we did hire Harbaugh.

I would, I couldn't stand the focus of every Ravens game being about the head coaches. I don't think he is a bad coach but he is annoying so I'd rather go another direction and I also like what he is doing where he currently is so he should stay there.

I'm super on board the Lincoln Reily express. There are other good candidates (Flip) for sure. But I think the pre-existing relationship with our franchise QB combined with probably being one of the top 3-4 offensive minds in the game right now (McVay, Shanahan) makes him my clear top choice.

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm super on board the Lincoln Reily express. There are other good candidates (Flip) for sure. But I think the pre-existing relationship with our franchise QB combined with probably being one of the top 3-4 offensive minds in the game right now (McVay, Shanahan) makes him my clear top choice.

My worry would be the nfl inexperience and possibly overestimating the principles that flourished in college and how they would transition across to the pros. On the other hand, it would do wonders for Mayfield if it were to work and Riley was able to figure out how to be innovative in the pros too.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

My worry would be the nfl inexperience and possibly overestimating the principles that flourished in college and how they would transition across to the pros. On the other hand, it would do wonders for Mayfield if it were to work and Riley was able to figure out how to be innovative in the pros too.

See I would determine who’s Riley’s OC. Just like at Oklahoma, he built that offense around Bakers strength and built an amazing offense. I think him and an established OC or established NFL coach like a promoting a top tier RB or WR coach would help transition his offense.

i would be happy with Harbs if Riley and flip turned down the job. He just wouldn’t be my first pick 

9 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

For sure. It's not without risks. But the NCAA/NFL thing is lessened to me by the fact that so many NFL coaches were visiting OK this off-season to pick his brain.

11 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

For sure. It's not without risks. But the NCAA/NFL thing is lessened to me by the fact that so many NFL coaches were visiting OK this off-season to pick his brain.

To the point there is no longer a true difference between college and pro offenses. You have some concept differences but it’s nothing like it use to be. Like Haley utilized shotgun on 70% of his offense last year. Game is adopting and it be great to get one of the hottest names

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

wtf is hue doing 

his name is Desmond Harrison 

and he has been looking pretty awesome since he's got back 

basically the last few games

Desmond Harrison at Left Tackle to me has looked just as good if not potenitally better than Corbett at LG

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

his name is Desmond Harrison 

and he has been looking pretty awesome since he's got back 

basically the last few games

Desmond Harrison at Left Tackle to me has looked just as good if not potenitally better than Corbett at LG

Bitonio has played 1st string LT since camp started. Switching things up a week before the first game is idiotic. 

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Bitonio has played 1st string LT since camp started. Switching things up a week before the first game is idiotic. 

If your going to make the switch do it as soon as possible. Then we can have the best 5 going forward. I’ll give him a break because Harrison just got back from injury 

Archived