The official training camp thread

MWil23

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Good News! Dez Bryant is currently doing his best job to not get signed by another team this year. Now go sign Decker.

We have Antonio Callaway, Josh Gordon, and Baker Mayfield. I don’t think Dorsey will care.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We have Antonio Callaway, Josh Gordon, and Baker Mayfield. I don’t think Dorsey will care.

Care about what? A player they are currently interested in going full Kevin Durant on twitter ripping his former teammates, coaches playcalling, owner and fans?

Thats a baaaaad look for a currently unemployed player no matter how you slice it and I want nothing to do with him near this lockerroom

I think Callaway and Landry will be just fine. I think Janis will surprise some ppl. Coleman will be Coleman. Duke will be amazing as always and Chubb and Hyde will be the bangers. At this point I’ve changed my mind I’d pass on dez

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

T.J. carrie out for the year 

Posts like this make it hard to keep you out of the HOF forever. 

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We signed Zaycoven Henderson, he’s chubby and undersized but could be a beast against the run.

I love how we're accumulating all of these previously hyped up young guys who for various reasons fell and fell and fell: Trenton Thompson, Zaycoven Henderson, Caleb Brantley, Desmond Harrison, even Antonio Callaway.

55 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

What good can come of a one year prove it deal for an aging headcase wideout? 

Who at this age is no better than Corey Coleman or Rishard Higgins? Nothing. It like planting C4 in the lockeroom than being surprised when it goes boom once we hit a 3 game losing streak.

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Dez Bryant will be better in ten years than Rashard Higgins is in his prime.

Doubtful. Dez had 835 yards and 6 TDs as the #1 WR with one of the top 12 QBs in the NFL. He is a #3 WR at this point trapped in a really expensive name only driven body.

It might sound absolutly crazy, but I think at this point in time--- Dez Bryant wouldnt give you anything more than Corey Coleman or Rishard Higgins could give you on a football field with 5x the price tag and drama.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

It might sound absolutly crazy, but I think at this point in time--- Dez Bryant wouldnt give you anything more than Corey Coleman or Rishard Higgins could give you on a football field with 5x the price tag and drama.

Corey Coleman has had a couple freak injuries and a notable drop or two, thus being questioned as to whether he can live up to his first round status. Higgins is tight rope walking being in or out of the league. Those two are pretty different players and situations.

Assuming Dez is healthy (and I'm not so sure that the Cowboys QB is top 12 or even 20. We'll see in year three who he is.), I'm cutting Hollywood for Dez if the contract is reasonably low and they know something about Gordon not being back soon.

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Corey Coleman has had a couple freak injuries and a notable drop or two, thus being questioned as to whether he can live up to his first round status. Higgins is tight rope walking being in or out of the league. Those two are pretty different players and situations.

Assuming Dez is healthy (and I'm not so sure that the Cowboys QB is top 12 or even 20. We'll see in year three who he is.), I'm cutting Hollywood for Dez if the contract is reasonably low and they know something about Gordon not being back soon.

Yeah Higgins may never reach the receiving yards in his career that Dez had last year. I don't know if Dez is a good idea or not but it isn't because of Higgins is around.

18 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

idk man. Ive been well documented on these boards being the guy who screams "YOUR WR ONLY IS GOOD AS YOUR QB!!!!". citing like 15+ examples of this and I still believe it.

For Dez to be a bad as he was last year, on the downhill of his career with Dak at QB, you have to wonder what he actually is at this point. Higgins was pretty well spoken about coming out of college and has showed flashes when the ball is able to consistently get to into his catch radius. Especially towards the second half of the season last year.

Dez is declining and is 30 years old. Higgins/Coleman now are skilled prospects who are 23 year old not even hitting their peak with (now) a legit QB throwing them the ball.

I would feel much more comfortable rolling the dice with Coleman/Higgins youthful talent over Dez's declining ability, pricetag and locker room presence. I odnt even want Dez on this team if he was free to be honest if it means his headaches + cutting a young guy.

Archived