The Champions Camp - Week 3 Haulin'

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

If Jones is getting abused regularly in the slot, I hope they don't force him to stay there! Not every CB can play the slot, even some of the very good ones don't do it!

Maybe he's just pulling a Patrick Robinson? Get blown out of the water all training camp then show up for games :)

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

If Jones is getting abused regularly in the slot, I hope they don't force him to stay there! Not every CB can play the slot, even some of the very good ones don't do it!

for real.

Howie would be a fool if he didn't listen to offers for Darby. 

On 8/15/2018 at 7:46 AM, Phire said:

Honestly, it's hard to even say how good a guy like Jalen Mills is because every CB on the roster is helped out by superb safety play and a dominant DL. Remember the days we had some pretty good CBs but no pass rush? They still got abused. But now that we have one of the NFL's best DLs, we can plug a guy like Jalen Mills and win the Super Bowl. 

I don´t think our safety play is that good, McLeod is so up and down, with more downs than ups I think and Jenkins plays at LB more than SS. Maybe it looks that way because we are used to the cover-1 Billy Davis days. 

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Looking more and more likely that carson is the guy throwing tuddies against the falcons on opening night.

As long as he's medically cleared 100% , I'm fine with it. However the fact it's Opening Night for the 2018 season, SB Champs on display, ATL, world watching, Foles still injured!! I sure hope that's not playing a factor in anyway shape or form on that decision?

I want Wentz Healthy, even if it meant Nate Sudfeld had to start for all the above!!!!

On 8/16/2018 at 6:15 PM, Broadway Joe said:

I don´t think our safety play is that good, McLeod is so up and down, with more downs than ups I think and Jenkins plays at LB more than SS. Maybe it looks that way because we are used to the cover-1 Billy Davis days. 

Sean Considine is available if you'd rather.......

On 8/16/2018 at 6:15 PM, Broadway Joe said:

Couldn't disagree more. If anything that play "especially" Jenkins was the catalyst to winning the SB. Without his versatility playing virtually any position in the back 7, we don't sniff the SB IMO. Especially given the injuries defensively throughout the season.

Any time I see Jalen getting praise anywhere I get a slight tingly feeling of pride. Almost paternal ?.

I mean I have stuck by that dude from day 1, even in the darkest of days (and there were some DARK ones). I really want him to be an Eagle for his entire NFL career. Passionate as hell, plays his arse off, is about as mentally tough a player that Ive ever seen, he doesnt shy away from contact or from getting in someones face 

Hes pretty much the antithesis of guys like Byron Maxwell and DRC .

As for the corners, I want Douglas to get more reps this year. But with Graham now coming back, I doubt we move Douglas to safety any time soon. That leaves 5 guys all who have either good or really good cases to be starters (Darby, Jones, Mills, Maddox, Douglas).

I hope we will see Darby and Jones outside, and Jalen will move into the slot (for most of the time, ie if were playing a team with someone like Crowder in the slot then put Maddox in, but teams have begun to move bigger WRs into the slot on offense to create matchup problems over the middle). Those three are IMO the three best CBs on the team. Maddox and Douglas both are possibly going to be really good as well though.

Which brings me to my hot take of this season: We will have the best cornerback unit in the NFL this season.   

On 8/19/2018 at 6:50 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Couldn't disagree more. If anything that play "especially" Jenkins was the catalyst to winning the SB. Without his versatility playing virtually any position in the back 7, we don't sniff the SB IMO. Especially given the injuries defensively throughout the season.

I agree that Jenkins play was paramount since Hicks went down. But I wouldn´t classify his role a safety when it comes to supporting Mills and Darby which is what I was discussing with Phire. I think those responsibilities were more for McLeod and Graham who I believe weren´t particularly special  

On 8/19/2018 at 11:04 AM, BAConrad said:

Any time I see Jalen getting praise anywhere I get a slight tingly feeling of pride. Almost paternal ?.

I mean I have stuck by that dude from day 1, even in the darkest of days (and there were some DARK ones). I really want him to be an Eagle for his entire NFL career. Passionate as hell, plays his arse off, is about as mentally tough a player that Ive ever seen, he doesnt shy away from contact or from getting in someones face 

Hes pretty much the antithesis of guys like Byron Maxwell and DRC .

As for the corners, I want Douglas to get more reps this year. But with Graham now coming back, I doubt we move Douglas to safety any time soon. That leaves 5 guys all who have either good or really good cases to be starters (Darby, Jones, Mills, Maddox, Douglas).

I hope we will see Darby and Jones outside, and Jalen will move into the slot (for most of the time, ie if were playing a team with someone like Crowder in the slot then put Maddox in, but teams have begun to move bigger WRs into the slot on offense to create matchup problems over the middle). Those three are IMO the three best CBs on the team. Maddox and Douglas both are possibly going to be really good as well though.

Which brings me to my hot take of this season: We will have the best cornerback unit in the NFL this season.   

Mills seems like a guy that is gone for sure once his rookie deal is up.

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Mills seems like a guy that is gone for sure once his rookie deal is up.

I think it depends if Darby is still here,  or our cb's will be Sidney Jones, Douglas, maddox, and Bausby. That's a recipe for suck, even if Jones ends up as good as Darby. Howie has his work cut out for him next offseason.

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

I think it depends if Darby is still here,  or our cb's will be Sidney Jones, Douglas, maddox, and Bausby. That's a recipe for suck, even if Jones ends up as good as Darby. Howie has his work cut out for him next offseason.

Jones is gonna form his own island. As good as darby stop dreaming low we're the champs.

Apparently Schwartz said Darby is having one of the best off seasons he’s ever seen. So there’s that. 

I think Howie is on the verve of revolutionizing the structure of a roster. I think he’s looking for good, young talent in his CBs and isn’t going to break the bank for them. While other teams are handing over cap crippling contracts for shutdown corners. And Howie fortifies the DL with as many guys as he can throw at you. We’ll see if it’s just the good roster or it can be sustainable. 

Archived