The Champions Camp - Week 3 Haulin'

Kiltman

15 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Doubt it.

I know the thought when we signed Nelson was that he would possibly be the 3rd LB, but he has got the least amount of reps with the 1st team behind Gerry and Grugier-Hill.

It sounds like Gerry has got the most snaps, but Grugier-Hill has flashed the most. Nelson is barely talked about by the beat writers.

If I had to guess I would say that it will be like this week 1:

Gerry (SAM) - Hicks (MIKE) - Grugier-Hill (WILL)

I found it interesting Nelson was listed as a Sam. If Gerry and Grugier-Hill are getting reps mainly at the WLB then when do you think they'll start repping (Gerry) at Sam for week 1? 

On 8/9/2018 at 7:03 AM, nlesthought said:

I found it interesting Nelson was listed as a Sam. If Gerry and Grugier-Hill are getting reps mainly at the WLB then when do you think they'll start repping (Gerry) at Sam for week 1? 

I mean we already know they've been training Gerry at both spots.

I know he's been getting the most 1st team reps as the WILL in base, but I'm sure he's probably seen some time at SAM with the 2nd team.

HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG

If Jalen can be above average with Darby in a contract year.... 

He was struggling at the start of camp. Seems like he's making progress.

Schwartz agrees

Glad to have Graham back.

Agree with Tim that health might keep Adams from making the 53, but funnily enough the guy he is likely fighting with for that 4th RB spot is Smallwood who has been no picture of health himself lol.

And, before anyone says anything about me putting Wendell in there to possibly make it over him. The Eagles coaches like him more than us.

I'm not a big fan of him, but if we really are gonna keep a 4th RB, then it does kinda make sense to keep the one that impacts special teams the most.

Adams and Pumphrey to the practice squad?

Glad Gibson is rebounding from his disappointing rookie camp. Need him to be ready in case Wallace goes down.

Please for the love of god... stay healthy man.

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

saw the Dolphins as a potential place to trade Darby if ll these corners are looking so good

I'd say just keep him unless it'd be a worthwhile offer

Not really worth trading him for anything less than a 2nd IMO.

1 hour ago, Eagles23 said:

What's the chances Alshon plays week 1?

Ahhh I see you saw Rapoport's speculative tweet and follow-up hedge and for anyone who hasn't....

Nobody outside of the coaches/trainers really has a good answer for you.

Maybe we'll get some insight as reporters are surely gonna ask Pederson about his status next time he is available for questions.

I don't think we should be worried though. Even if he can't start week 1. I don't think we'll put him on PUP.

Besides that if we can squeak by a win in week 1 without him against Atlanta the next 3 games aren't exactly murderers' row... @ TB, vs. IND, and @ TEN.

We'll be fine.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

saw the Dolphins as a potential place to trade Darby if ll these corners are looking so good

I'd say just keep him unless it'd be a worthwhile offer

I see you saw yet another speculative tweet.... this time from ESP

Let's break this down a little.

Jalen Mills could be pretty solid. He's had a very good camp. Maybe he's an above average corner? That would be great.

However, after him our next best corners are all guys who have never started a single game.... Sidney Jones, Avonte Maddox, and De'Vante Bausby.

Does it seem like a great decision to let go of the guy who was our best corner last year and who has the most athleticism and experience when we are trying to repeat?

We are pretty screwed if Mills goes down and even if he doesn't we are gonna need two of those three to start...

• One corner who did not have a great day today was De'Vante Bausby. His lowlight came on a Gibson touchdown reception in which Bausby wasn't even close. Bausby had a great spring, but that has not carried over into training camp. At one point I was beginning to think of Bausby as a lock to make the team. Now, I'm not completely sold.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-training-camp-practice-observations-day-14/

• It wasn’t all bad, but it wasn’t the best day for Sidney Jones. He got beat by Aiken on a Foles pass floated along the sideline. Then he allowed a touchdown while trailing DeAndre Carter in the back middle of the end zone. Then he got beat over the middle by Anthony Mahoungou late in practice. Those aren’t exactly household receivers he was losing to. Jones got completely shook by a crisp route from Gibson during red zone 1-on-1. Jones’ positive moments include getting out to the edge on a toss play and being in position to tackle Matt Jones near the line of scrimmage. Jones also came up with a pick six when he jumped in front of a short Sudfeld pass.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/8/13/17682984/eagles-training-camp-practice-notes-strong-day-philadelphia-cornerbacks-jalen-mills-avonte-maddox-cb

35 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I see you saw yet another speculative tweet.... this time from ESP

Let's break this down a little.

Jalen Mills could be pretty solid. He's had a very good camp. Maybe he's an above average corner? That would be great.

However, after him our next best corners are all guys who have never started a single game.... Sidney Jones, Avonte Maddox, and De'Vante Bausby.

Does it seem like a great decision to let go of the guy who was our best corner last year and who has the most athleticism and experience when we are trying to repeat?

We are pretty screwed if Mills goes down and even if he doesn't we are gonna need two of those three to start...

Yeah  i saw that ESP tweet and since we've heard a lot about how good the corners have been....it's an obvious question that will get brought up in the fandom.
I know it's not news or anything obviously.

I myself wouldn't do it barring some crazy offer..leaves us exposed

Honestly, it's hard to even say how good a guy like Jalen Mills is because every CB on the roster is helped out by superb safety play and a dominant DL. Remember the days we had some pretty good CBs but no pass rush? They still got abused. But now that we have one of the NFL's best DLs, we can plug a guy like Jalen Mills and win the Super Bowl. 

22 hours ago, Phire said:

Honestly, it's hard to even say how good a guy like Jalen Mills is because every CB on the roster is helped out by superb safety play and a dominant DL. Remember the days we had some pretty good CBs but no pass rush? They still got abused. But now that we have one of the NFL's best DLs, we can plug a guy like Jalen Mills and win the Super Bowl. 

Yeah in many ways it's the same as the LOB, AZ, DEN of the NFL. As great as the Sherman's, Peterson's and Talibs are, they are without a doubt benefiting from great safeties and pass rush. Most "shut down " CB have that. They go hand in hand in most cases.

Jalens no different. 

Archived