The Champions Camp - Week 3 Haulin'

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Apparently Schwartz said Darby is having one of the best off seasons he’s ever seen. So there’s that. 

I think Howie is on the verve of revolutionizing the structure of a roster. I think he’s looking for good, young talent in his CBs and isn’t going to break the bank for them. While other teams are handing over cap crippling contracts for shutdown corners. And Howie fortifies the DL with as many guys as he can throw at you. We’ll see if it’s just the good roster or it can be sustainable. 

Just need a good coach like Undlin coaching young guys up. I mean Mills went from 7th round pick rookie disaster to good nfl corner. 

9 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Apparently Schwartz said Darby is having one of the best off seasons he’s ever seen. So there’s that. 

I think Howie is on the verve of revolutionizing the structure of a roster. I think he’s looking for good, young talent in his CBs and isn’t going to break the bank for them. While other teams are handing over cap crippling contracts for shutdown corners. And Howie fortifies the DL with as many guys as he can throw at you. We’ll see if it’s just the good roster or it can be sustainable. 

A strong OL saves you money on RB's and a strong DL saves you money on CB's. 

What makes you think Mills is gonna walk in 2019, @ninjapirate???

Just curious. I actually am confident that he will be one of the first guys who are on rookie deals that we see get an extension with the team. 

Schwartz loves him. He isnt at all a big name around the league. He is actually lowkey underrated. People focus on the bad with him too much so they only see the plays where he gets beat on a double move by Julio Jones or Odell Beckham. You have to really watch him closely and recognize the things he brings to the team with both his play and his demeanor. He is a tone setter on defense. He and Malcolm IMO. He will go from making some bonehead mistake that leads to a big gain for the opponent, and the next play he will make an impact play on a crucial down and get the crowd/team amped up.

So I definitely see Jalen resigning for low market value with us. 

I think Darby will leave if he asks for too much money. However, I believe that Howie actually is gonna try to keep Darby, Mills, and Sidney Jones all together as our cornerback trio. Weve finally, in a decade or more, managed to assemble a group of young cornerbacks through the draft/by trading for with draft picks rather than going after high ticket FAs like Nnamdi, Maxwell, DRC, etc. I think that itd be foolish to let Darby and Mills both go. Or even one of them. Unless of course Darby wants to hit UFA bc he thinks he can get paid like a top 5 corner, which I doubt very much.

Maybe bring back Mills for 4 yrs/18 million and 10 guaranteed, then follow that up by inking Darby to an extension along the lines of 3 yrs/21 million and 12 guaranteed. Wed have those 5 guys locked in until 2021. Boom. Drops mic.

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

What makes you think Mills is gonna walk in 2019, @ninjapirate???

Just curious. I actually am confident that he will be one of the first guys who are on rookie deals that we see get an extension with the team. 

Schwartz loves him. He isnt at all a big name around the league. He is actually lowkey underrated. People focus on the bad with him too much so they only see the plays where he gets beat on a double move by Julio Jones or Odell Beckham. You have to really watch him closely and recognize the things he brings to the team with both his play and his demeanor. He is a tone setter on defense. He and Malcolm IMO. He will go from making some bonehead mistake that leads to a big gain for the opponent, and the next play he will make an impact play on a crucial down and get the crowd/team amped up.

So I definitely see Jalen resigning for low market value with us. 

I think Darby will leave if he asks for too much money. However, I believe that Howie actually is gonna try to keep Darby, Mills, and Sidney Jones all together as our cornerback trio. Weve finally, in a decade or more, managed to assemble a group of young cornerbacks through the draft/by trading for with draft picks rather than going after high ticket FAs like Nnamdi, Maxwell, DRC, etc. I think that itd be foolish to let Darby and Mills both go. Or even one of them. Unless of course Darby wants to hit UFA bc he thinks he can get paid like a top 5 corner, which I doubt very much.

Maybe bring back Mills for 4 yrs/18 million and 10 guaranteed, then follow that up by inking Darby to an extension along the lines of 3 yrs/21 million and 12 guaranteed. Wed have those 5 guys locked in until 2021. Boom. Drops mic.

I dont think we make any real offers to try and bring back either darby or mills we just dont have the money to pay corners.

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Just need a good coach like Undlin coaching young guys up. I mean Mills went from 7th round pick rookie disaster to good nfl corner. 

Ok so I am seriously asking: are we all now in agreement, on the record, that Mills IS in fact a solid to good cornerback?

If so I may just have to give that dude @Phire a good old fashioned I told ya so. ?

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

Ok so I am seriously asking: are we all now in agreement, on the record, that Mills IS in fact a solid to good cornerback?

If so I may just have to give that dude @Phire a good old fashioned I told ya so. ?

yeah mills was good last year. not great or anything but if he is one of your starting corners you can't really complain 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I dont think we make any real offers to try and bring back either darby or mills we just dont have the money to pay corners.

Seeing as Jones ,  Douglas, Maddox will all be making peanuts for at least 3 more years each, I dont really see how you can make that conclusion tbh.

I think the above fact is a strong argument for why we will be able to afford to give out extensions to Darby n Mills.

I mean, neither guy is getting some 60 million $ deal. Thats for sure. But Darby maybe at 6 or 7 a year and Mills right under at like 4.5 or 5 AAV. 

Just now, BAConrad said:

Seeing as Jones ,  Douglas, Maddox will all be making peanuts for at least 3 more years each, I dont really see how you can make that conclusion tbh.

I think the above fact is a strong argument for why we will be able to afford to give out extensions to Darby n Mills.

I mean, neither guy is getting some 60 million $ deal. Thats for sure. But Darby maybe at 6 or 7 a year and Mills right under at like 4.5 or 5 AAV. 

I make this conclusion cause carson wentz mega deal looms. Plus with our cap restrictions and other teams having more money than they can use. We can easily be outbid. 

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I think it depends if Darby is still here,  or our cb's will be Sidney Jones, Douglas, maddox, and Bausby. That's a recipe for suck, even if Jones ends up as good as Darby. Howie has his work cut out for him next offseason.

Douglas should be moved to FS... tbh

10 hours ago, BAConrad said:

He has played well for sure. I still think that without the front 7 that we have, he'd be a pretty bad CB. Every DB on the roster is helped out by our front 7 so it's really hard to say how good they individually are, but it's a team sport, so.

40 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Definitely going to re-stock the D-line next year. Graham, Bennett and Long could all be potentially not here.

I assume they work out a deal for BG.

Yea if we stay pat I wouldn’t be surprised I’d two of the three picks we have in the first two rounds are a DT and a DE. Though I could see them loving one of the many great DTs and going up and getting him.

Pairing one of those guys like that next to Cox would be great. What else would they address? Safety & RB next likely ones

1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

Definitely going to re-stock the D-line next year. Graham, Bennett and Long could all be potentially not here.

I assume they work out a deal for BG.

Depends how Sweat turns out. If he turns out to be a player, then I think they work out a deal with BG and then they have Barnett, Sweat and they'd just have to find another guy. I wouldn't worry. Howie is alway committed to building O-line, D-line and QB

Archived