Eli Rodgers visiting

turtle28

13 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I dont think Rogers is a camp body. I think he is gonna be reason Hunter doesnt make the roster.

I don't think Rogers is a direct reflection on Hunter. They are too different in terms of types of receiver and Rogers is fairly redundant when you consider he is slot only and JuJu is probably our slot guy with AB being able to take snaps there as well. But we don't have any big body guys that stretch the field other than Hunter. Hopefully, Washington can stretch, but that's unknown at this point. 

It's still a competition for space, but I think Hunter might control his own destiny. Ben loves that type of guy and he is the only one that fits the mold with NFL experience. If he plays well, I think he stays regardless of Rogers presence or performance. 

16 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Hunter is virtually only good for a few receptions a season. Eli Rogers will have a regular impact on offense, potentially.

What do you think Rogers is good for? I mean, just use last year as a guide - because it's the same situation essentially. There are 3 players that will most likely be ahead of either of them. Rogers caught 18 passes last year. His role will not be a regular impact. 

Im not hoping Hunter makes the roster. I think he is a fake - great in shorts, bad at football. But Rogers offers nothing that isn't already locked into the roster. Hunter, physically, is one of a kind for us and something Ben loves. 

Again- I don't think they are competing against each other. Rogers is more likely competing against Tucker and Hunter is more likely competing against himself. 

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

What do you think Rogers is good for? I mean, just use last year as a guide - because it's the same situation essentially. There are 3 players that will most likely be ahead of either of them. Rogers caught 18 passes last year. His role will not be a regular impact. 

Im not hoping Hunter makes the roster. I think he is a fake - great in shorts, bad at football. But Rogers offers nothing that isn't already locked into the roster. Hunter, physically, is one of a kind for us and something Ben loves. 

Again- I don't think they are competing against each other. Rogers is more likely competing against Tucker and Hunter is more likely competing against himself. 

Rogers offered more versatility. Rogers can play both outside and the slot as well as special teams.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Rogers offered more versatility. Rogers can play both outside and the slot as well as special teams.

....no, he really doesn't and, honestly, he really can't. He isn't big enough, fast enough, or strong enough to be an outside receiver. Rogers is slot only. And his gift of special teams is being a below average PR with no shake. He really is not versatile.

Rogers is not special. He does not make this roster better, but he does make it safer. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

....no, he really doesn't and, honestly, he really can't. He isn't big enough, fast enough, or strong enough to be an outside receiver. Rogers is slot only. And his gift of special teams is being a below average PR with no shake. He really is not versatile.

Rogers is not special. He does not make this roster better, but he does make it safer. 

I thought the comparison was between Hunter & Rogers. I’m not saying Rogers is special, I’m just saying he’s more versatile than Hunter. Hunter has never offered much in Tenn, Buff or in Pitt except he’s tall.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I thought the comparison was between Hunter & Rogers. I’m not saying Rogers is special, I’m just saying he’s more versatile than Hunter. Hunter has never offered much in Tenn, Buff or in Pitt except he’s tall.

I’m saying don’t compare the two. I originally quoted someone’s saying that Rogers was the reason Hunter wouldn’t make the rosters. I’m saying they are completely separate of each other. Both offer singular things, and both of them are opposite of each other. The thing is what Rogers offers, we already have 2 guys ahead of him that can do it, and frankly do it better. Hunters size/speed combo is something our roster doesn’t have, and something Ben loves. 

Rogers is not versitile. And neither is Hunter. But what they offer is completely separate and most likely have no impact on each other. Both of their destinys lie on their own shoulders, not a head to head competition. 

On 7/29/2018 at 5:17 PM, Dcash4 said:

I’m saying don’t compare the two. I originally quoted someone’s saying that Rogers was the reason Hunter wouldn’t make the rosters. I’m saying they are completely separate of each other. Both offer singular things, and both of them are opposite of each other. The thing is what Rogers offers, we already have 2 guys ahead of him that can do it, and frankly do it better. Hunters size/speed combo is something our roster doesn’t have, and something Ben loves. 

Rogers is not versitile. And neither is Hunter. But what they offer is completely separate and most likely have no impact on each other. Both of their destinys lie on their own shoulders, not a head to head competition. 

True. I think we were talking a bit past each other. And, my point was just Rogers is more versatile than Hunter, not that Rogers was so special because he could play more than one WR position & Rogers can play special teams - agreed not a high level - but I don’t even think Hunter does anything on special teams.

it is true that Hunter can be a “ all he does is catch touchdowns” guy though... ? 

I think the argument being made against what i said in a way was fair. But if Eli can get back to the majority of his form, he can be more productive for us imo than Hunter. Which is why i believe hunter could lose his spot. But Tucker may very well be Rogers' direct competition.

Is there a scenario where Rogers and Tucker make the roster and DHB and Hunter do not?

• 3 weeks later...

his suspension should spell the end if this team wants to clean up the image , remember bryant  and others?  I see DHB making the team again, good ST player and still has some speed for the odd time here and there but I wouldn't expect too many passes thrown his way. 

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

his suspension should spell the end if this team wants to clean up the image , remember bryant  and others?  I see DHB making the team again, good ST player and still has some speed for the odd time here and there but I wouldn't expect too many passes thrown his way. 

I honestly can't imagine Eli Rogers makes the team at this point .

Around the NFC, Ravens CB Jimmy Smith was also suspended for 4 games.

They try to recover as quickly as possible from injuries and in the end, it results in suspensions.

Archived