Camp Begins!

Warhorse

this signing is an obvious reaction to Hooker and Geathers both going on PUP. Thomas played free safety for the Steelers from 2013-2016 and spent time with both the Jets and Bills last year 

Castonzo’s injury is a hamstring injury suffered during a private workout (Ballard mentioned this when he first did a press conference about players with injuries.) No mention of Good or Howard’s injuries

On 7/25/2018 at 4:47 PM, Wyld Stallyns said:

Castonzo’s injury is a hamstring injury suffered during a private workout (Ballard mentioned this when he first did a press conference about players with injuries.) No mention of Good or Howard’s injuries

Denzelle Good passed a physical and was removed from the NFI list today. 

Caroline Cann is Colts.com did a vlog today where she talked up Luck throwing but also talked about the OL with Castonzo and Howard out. 

Mewhort filled in for Castonzo

Slauson and Good played RG/RT 

Braden Smith and Le’Raven Clark were RG/RT on second team

She also mentioned Darius Leonard picking off Luck on a play she called one of the more athletic plays she’s ever seen. 

In an interview Coach Reich joked about how little Quenton Nelson talks, very quiet guy who speaks in short sentences. Andrew Luck also said Nelson is very quiet , so much so that he had to tell him Notre Dame sucks to spark conversation. 

Reich said that Quenton approached him in the hallway on the morning of the first padded practice and Reich said that he won’t go into the conversation but did say that Quenton seemed pumped to be in pads and asked Coach Reich to call plenty of run plays especially the particular play he likes to block. 

Also I’ve heard from multiple people covering that Nelson is making everyone take notice of him. 

- in 1 drill he blocked downfield on TJ Green and slammed him to the ground, Green got up and pushed Nelson who didn’t move.

- in 1 drill Rakeem Nunoz-Roches had his hands up in Nelson’s face, grabbing his pads in the back and his jersey and Nelson just brushed him off and got ready for the next drill.

These are tweet quotes. Love to hear this stuff....

T Anthony Castonzo has passed his physical and has been removed from the Non-Football Injury List. The #Colts now have their entire starting offensive line unit back for practice. Guard Jeremy Vujnovich (calf) remains on the Active/PUP list.

Jeff Saturday on @GolicAndWingo just now, talking Quenton Nelson: “As good as advertised ... as polished for a rookie as I’ve seen.

In just a week, Darius Leonard has already become a definite starter for the Colts.

Coach 87 is in the building.

most physical workout I’ve seen in my six seasons covering the Colts....it's lit

Maybe the most physical session of camp I’ve seen from the #Colts in the last half dozen years.

#Colts have upped the physicality this camp. No doubt. More physical than I’ve seen from this team in YEARS.

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I also heard that Anthony Walker has a groin injury and could miss a few weeks.

Darius Leonard and Skai Moore (in place of Walker) have been the lone LBs on the field in nickel situations 

Trying to remember that last time we were not thin at LB. 

Archived