Atlanta Falcons extend GM and HC Dimitroff and Quinn

SteelKing728

25 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

All I know is the Falcons twitter guy should be fired for trying to make a meme out of this.

Yeah, how dare he to try and have fun. I bet he also kneels during the anthem and sacrifices goats to Satan. 

OT: Pretty happy with the extensions. TD is a pretty great GM when it comes to the cap and drafting, as long as its clear which kind of players his HC wants. The latter is something Quinn has done a great job of. 

Atlanta is 95 -65 (59.4%) in the regular season under Dimitroff. Playoffs, they are 4-6 with a SB appearance.

They are 256-378-6 (40.4%) in the regular season before Dimitroff. Playoffs, they are 6-8 with a SB appearance.

So they're a better team with Dimitroff.

4 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Atlanta is 95 -65 (59.4%) in the regular season under Dimitroff. Playoffs, they are 4-6 with a SB appearance.

They are 256-378-6 (40.4%) in the regular season before Dimitroff. Playoffs, they are 6-8 with a SB appearance.

So they're a better team with Dimitroff.

They has 3 very bad seasons until 2015 or 2016. Had they not won with Quinn he was definitely on the way out. Its all they talked about on the sports radio stations here.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

minor quibble:

Super Bowl "appearances" are what the cheerleaders do on the sidelines. On the field, they keep score

Super Bowl Losses is the correct phrasing for what took place on the field in XXXIII and LI

Good moves. 

Dimitroff will have his work cut out for him with their upcoming FAs in the next couple years (Deion Jones, De’Vondre Campbell, Grady Jarrett, Vic Beasley, Jake Matthews, Tevin Coleman, Austin Hooper, etc).

1 minute ago, Danger said:

These contracts have no cap implications

Duh. But still I bet it would irk Julio since he's been asking for a raise/extension and the people who he's been negotiating with just got one. 

Well it would've if they didn't agree to something like 5 hours later. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-announce-that-receiver-julio-jones-will-report-to-camp

"We have had continued dialogue all offseason with Julio and his representation. We have come to an agreement with Julio, and we will re-address everything in 2019. I appreciate everyone’s hard work and communication on this. This adjustment does not impede us from working on other extensions with other key members of our football team. We will continue to work on those contracts going forward."

Er....  so he's not getting a raise? I'm confused with this. 

3 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Duh. But still I bet it would irk Julio since he's been asking for a raise/extension and the people who he's been negotiating with just got one. 

Well it would've if they didn't agree to something like 5 hours later. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-announce-that-receiver-julio-jones-will-report-to-camp

"We have had continued dialogue all offseason with Julio and his representation. We have come to an agreement with Julio, and we will re-address everything in 2019. I appreciate everyone’s hard work and communication on this. This adjustment does not impede us from working on other extensions with other key members of our football team. We will continue to work on those contracts going forward."

Er....  so he's not getting a raise? I'm confused with this. 

"wait until next year"

Archived