Atlanta Falcons extend GM and HC Dimitroff and Quinn

SteelKing728

3 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Duh. But still I bet it would irk Julio since he's been asking for a raise/extension and the people who he's been negotiating with just got one. 

Well it would've if they didn't agree to something like 5 hours later. 

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/falcons-announce-that-receiver-julio-jones-will-report-to-camp

"We have had continued dialogue all offseason with Julio and his representation. We have come to an agreement with Julio, and we will re-address everything in 2019. I appreciate everyone’s hard work and communication on this. This adjustment does not impede us from working on other extensions with other key members of our football team. We will continue to work on those contracts going forward."

Er....  so he's not getting a raise? I'm confused with this. 

Main thing is they've got Julio in camp and playing this season.

They've given themselves a year to work out a new deal with him and to be honest the Falcons seem to be one of the more stable franchises in the league at the moment so would think there's a lot of confidence they'll sort it. The fact they locked down Dimitroff and Quinn is evidence of that.

1 hour ago, PFM18 said:

Main thing is they've got Julio in camp and playing this season.

They've given themselves a year to work out a new deal with him and to be honest the Falcons seem to be one of the more stable franchises in the league at the moment so would think there's a lot of confidence they'll sort it. The fact they locked down Dimitroff and Quinn is evidence of that.

Agreed good move by the falcons, but I'm curious as to what suddenly caused him to go from "screw training camp" to "I can wait" I guess they told him they would fine him and will address it next year? 

Next step is locking up their FAs after Julio I guess. 

23 hours ago, TENINCH said:

They has 3 very bad seasons until 2015 or 2016. Had they not won with Quinn he was definitely on the way out. Its all they talked about on the sports radio stations here.

They had 2 bad seasons. 2012, they were in the NFCCG. In 2013, they went 4-12, in 2014 6-10. fired Mike Smith, broguht in Quinn. Went 8-8 in 2015. (which is a fine season for what it is. Sports radio stations out here? Are you in Atlanta?

Also, sports radio has no clue what's actually going on with the team. Especailly in Atlanta where half of sports radio was calling for Julio to be traded just yesterday.

Archived