Fantasy football ?!

bosko1616

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

What are you thoughts on this tactic. I thought of this earlier today. Now say my opponent has a defense or QB on bye week and they don’t have a sub. They will need to pick up a bye week replacement. Now during the week, once a player is waived they can’t be picked up until waiver wiresWednesday morning the next week. I as the opponent just picks up and release every player he might us, literally picking up and dropping every defense or QB and rendering him not being able to pick up a replacement. 

Smart or shady?

lol ridiculously shady

I'm not gonna LM veto that trade. Typically I wouldn't do that without evidence of collusion.

However, there are currently 4 votes to veto it as a league. If two more people vote to do so then the league has vetoed it and not me. Up to y'all to decide.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:20 AM, MWil23 said:

You beat me to James Connor by mere minutes. Well done good sir...well done. Meanwhile, @freakygeniuskid still refuses to drop Le'Veon Bell. Poor guy...that one hurts!

I happen to know that you just want me to drop him so you can pick him up. I already said my roster is staying where it is to the end since I'm out of contention.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

What are you thoughts on this tactic. I thought of this earlier today. Now say my opponent has a defense or QB on bye week and they don’t have a sub. They will need to pick up a bye week replacement. Now during the week, once a player is waived they can’t be picked up until waiver wiresWednesday morning the next week. I as the opponent just picks up and release every player he might us, literally picking up and dropping every defense or QB and rendering him not being able to pick up a replacement. 

Smart or shady?

I think the league protects against that, just like doing the same thing with starting pitchers in fantasy baseball. I'm not sure how it is done but if you sign and release guys in the same day they stay free agents.

54 minutes ago, mistakey said:

also i dont think thats right - i think players released mid week only go on waivers for like 2 more days.

If I can do it by Thursday or later they might have to wait until the waiver pick up because the plane week is already started because of the Thursday night game but I’m not sure it was a crazy idea I had

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think the league protects against that, just like doing the same thing with starting pitchers in fantasy baseball. I'm not sure how it is done but if you sign and release guys in the same day they stay free agents.

Confirmed, I just added the Bengals defense and released them and they are still free agents.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

also i dont think thats right - i think players released mid week only go on waivers for like 2 more days.

Ok, so release them and when they become FAs again, do it all over again...If he really wants someone, you make him burn his waiver claim.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I happen to know that you just want me to drop him so you can pick him up. I already said my roster is staying where it is to the end since I'm out of contention.

I was merely stating you were stuck with him and refusing to drop him, which I don’t blame you for. I proposed you a trade for Bell last week but respect your ethical approach to not trading anyone since you’re only impacting the rest of us at this point.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I need Fitz, Brady and Mayefeild have the same bye week. 

I don't have a runningback outside of Chubb, Kamara and Richard. 

id have to get one Germs starters for one of my bench players

Also I have 3qbs, I want to offload one of them. Fitz or Brady, and Derrick Henry are better than on the FA list. 

Well then screw these jagoffs. We stick to our original deal.

Forget the name Tom Brady. Look at the numbers. Goff is better fantasy scoring, so Brady is in fact a backup on my roster. A backup QB for a backup RB is a totally reasonable trade. If this trade gets vetoed it will be due to either ignorance or bad sportsmanship. 

And if that happens, assuming I'd even accept an invitation to this league next year, I'd veto absolutely any and every trade made, from day one. 

Don't tread on me!

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Forget the name Tom Brady. Look at the numbers. Goff is better fantasy scoring, so Brady is in fact a backup on my roster. A backup QB for a backup RB is a totally reasonable trade. If this trade gets vetoed it will be due to either ignorance or bad sportsmanship. 

And if that happens, assuming I'd even accept an invitation to this league next year, I'd veto absolutely any and every trade made, from day one. 

Don't tread on me!

This is your most nonsensical post yet.

*Billy Madison academic decathlon gif*

12 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

This is your most nonsensical post yet.

*Billy Madison academic decathlon gif*

Pretty extreme, right? What can I say, I want Tom Brady. No, but seriously, trade veto's without real, legit reason push my buttons. I NEVER veto trades, ever! Me and Kiwi are both still in it, neither out of playoff contention, so it's no friendly giveaway. Backup for backup. I honestly just don't see the problem.

Which leads me to believe that if you veto this trade you either don't get how this game works, or you're trying to prevent us from improving for your own competitive advantage. Either one is unacceptable.

I've been in leagues before where guys would reach a certain point of the season, be around the top of the standings, and decide to veto any real trades to try and protect their lead. I guess I thought this league would be different since it's a group of good dudes.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Pretty extreme, right? What can I say, I want Tom Brady. No, but seriously, trade veto's without real, legit reason push my buttons. I NEVER veto trades, ever! Me and Kiwi are both still in it, neither out of playoff contention, so it's no friendly giveaway. Backup for backup. I honestly just don't see the problem.

Which leads me to believe that if you veto this trade you either don't get how this game works, or you're trying to prevent us from improving for your own competitive advantage. Either one is unacceptable.

I've been in leagues before where guys would reach a certain point of the season, be around the top of the standings, and decide to veto any real trades to try and protect their lead. I guess I thought this league would be different since it's a group of good dudes.

Your guilty conscience is getting louder. Henry is cuttable. You're talking with a lot of bluster here like people are stupid. You 1000% ripped him off. Brady is amazing insurance for the rest of the season and could easily be worth starting over Goff some weeks. Do you, but be honest at least.

Bottom line: if trade rapes are okay, then no vetoes. If vetoes are there to protect from heavily lopsided trades that are unfair, then of course this trade should have been vetoed. There are better backs on the waiver wire.

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Your guilty conscience is getting louder. Henry is cuttable. You're talking with a lot of bluster here like people are stupid. You 1000% ripped him off. Brady is amazing insurance for the rest of the season and could easily be worth starting over Goff some weeks. Do you, but be honest at least.

Bottom line: if trade rapes are okay, then no vetoes. If vetoes are there to protect from heavily lopsided trades that are unfair, then of course this trade should have been vetoed. There are better backs on the waiver wire.

Seriously? My guilty conscience? What the hell are you talking about? Do you even know what trade rape is?

I expected better from you, Nude. Dude! And bluster like people are stupid? C'mon, man. You are way off base. 

Forget it. Veto it or not. I'm out.

Archived