Fantasy football ?!

bosko1616

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Did the trade actually get vetoed?  I can't imagine 6 people who had enough of a problem with it to torch it.

Or did you guys cancel it preemptively?

We have a reworked trade agreed upon, but the original plan goes through around 5 and I haven't heard back from Freaky, 

So, I'm about to just propose the rest of the trade and you guys just know that the two trades are tied together.

3 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Awesome, did you cancel it? I was just about to propose the new trade.

I think enough guys vetoed it that it automatically shut it down. I just got online for the first time today.

27 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The Redskins back in the top of the waiver wire is a better grab this week because Chris Thompson is out again this week, maybe longer. And you were in your feels before I even responded the first time. That's why you blew up like you did. Quit projecting "expected more out of you" onto me. Your initial post was histrionic garbage. Own it and quit taking pot shots at myself and others or iggy those/these folks if you can't be civil.

This attacking rant toward your leaguemates, daring them to veto and incur your wrath 😂, is why I even responded in the first place. It's just a game. Who cares if we win or lose? Sure, my team sucks this year. I usually finish top-3 and have won multiple leagues. This is my worst one ever. It happens. Quit your personal attacks, dude. That guilt statement about your attitude I made was dead on and you didn't like it. Clearly no one agrees with you but Kiwi who was desperate and didn't realize he could've gotten better. That's the purpose of the veto system. That's all there is to it. 

Obviously you didn't see the post I tagged you in where I owned that I was butthurt and apologized for attacking you. If you did see it and this is still your response, then I think maybe you're still stuck in your feelings.

But I will once again apologize. I am sorry. I overreacted. If that's not good enough, then I don't know what to tell you.

3 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think enough guys vetoed it that it automatically shut it down. I just got online for the first time today.

I get that. I just need to clear it out so I can propose the new trade, it won't let me otherwise. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

But I will once again apologize. I am sorry. I overreacted. 

You're good man from my perspective. We've all been there. We're competitive people and I personally love being in a league that has people taking the stance you initially had than ones where I've been in a league that has had playoffs on the line, and some random moron that hasn't checked his team/been involved since draft day is going against him with 3 guys on byes, 2 guys on the IR, and a guy who has been cut in his starting line-up, all while others are playing for a shot at the playoffs against others. (True story)

8 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Obviously you didn't see the post I tagged you in where I owned that I was butthurt and apologized for attacking you. If you did see it and this is still your response, then I think maybe you're still stuck in your feelings.

But I will once again apologize. I am sorry. I overreacted. If that's not good enough, then I don't know what to tell you.

This little microaggression, as they call it, is why this is not an apology. Just like the last one (saying you are sorry while calling me tactless). 

But either way, I'm sorry to have ticked you off so much.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You're good man from my perspective. We've all been there. We're competitive people and I personally love being in a league that has people taking the stance you initially had than ones where I've been in a league that has had playoffs on the line, and some random moron that hasn't checked his team/been involved since draft day is going against him with 3 guys on byes, 2 guys on the IR, and a guy who has been cut in his starting line-up, all while others are playing for a shot at the playoffs against others. (True story)

Thanks. I feel like a dbag, but I honestly didn't see how there was a problem, especially since that trade was Kiwi's idea. I asked him if he was still offering up one of his two backup QBs and he suggested Brady for Henry. I asked for Fitzpatrick initially but he couldn't work out with the bye weeks.

Kiwi had two backups sitting on his bench, taking up two roster spots, and doing nothing for him. You can have all the QBs in the world, but unfortunately you can only play one a week, thus why they don't typically get drafted til the 3rd round?

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

This little microaggression, as they call it, is why this is not an apology. Just like the last one (saying you are sorry while calling me tactless). 

But either way, I'm sorry to have ticked you off so much.

Not an apology..? Okay. 

BTW, I didn't call you tactless. I meant your response. But again, I'm sorry.

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

Thanks. I feel like a dbag, but I honestly didn't see how there was a problem, especially since that trade was Kiwi's idea. I asked him if he was still offering up one of his two backup QBs and he suggested Brady for Henry. I asked for Fitzpatrick initially but he couldn't work out with the bye weeks.

Kiwi had two backups sitting on his bench, taking up two roster spots, and doing nothing for him. You can have all the QBs in the world, but unfortunately you can only play one a week, thus why they don't typically get drafted til the 3rd round?

I drafted 4 of them with the intention of trading 2 (mission accomplished) for a RB and a couple of WR. I'll probably do the same thing next year. I've used this strategy for a very long time and it's worked out well...on the chance that my #1 guy gets hurt and I know that someone else will be in a bad QB situation, have depth elsewhere, and make a move. Unfortunately for everyone else, me trading Cousins to @buno67 for basically nothing will potentially get him over the top, especially considering his 3 headed monster at WR is just killing all of us.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I drafted 4 of them with the intention of trading 2 (mission accomplished) for a RB and a couple of WR. I'll probably do the same thing next year. I've used this strategy for a very long time and it's worked out well...on the chance that my #1 guy gets hurt and I know that someone else will be in a bad QB situation, have depth elsewhere, and make a move. Unfortunately for everyone else, me trading Cousins to @buno67 for basically nothing will potentially get him over the top, especially considering his 3 headed monster at WR is just killing all of us.

Yeah, I initially offered a WR for Fitzpatrick, but Kiwi really needs a RB, and since I'm thin on RBs Kiwi asked for my best backup, who happens to be Henry. I offered Smallwood, but Kiwi recently dropped him because he kept getting screwed by him and didn't want him back.

I wasn't screwing Kiwi, that's the funny thing. I don't work like that. I think @ReggieCamp can attest to that. We just last week made a trade, and the entire negotiation I worked hard to make sure we both came out good and winners in that trade. I guess I felt like my integrity was being called out.

Archived