LFFKL 2017 Discussion Thread

X_Factor_40

5 hours ago, LionsFTW said:

You drafted him in round 4. I drafted him in round 7. Of course it's not fast enough for my liking. Not the right situation to be cocky ???

This is a really bad look for you. You're getting really upset over a backup QB and taking it out on me because you aren't going to get your way. 

Time Slots for Sunday, September 3rd

8:00 - 10:00: @detfan782004

10:00 - 12:00: @RyanFuller003

12:00 - 2:00: @X_Factor_40

2:00 - 4:00: @davisblack

4:00 - 6:00: @TimeForChange

6:00 - 8:00: @Sllim Pickens

8:00 - 10:00: @FootballPhreak

10:00 - 12:00: @TL-TwoWinsAway

Put these in the draft thread by mistake last night. Figured I would post them here so no one can complain they were confused. 

@IDOG_det, Eli has been added to your roster. I apologize for the delay. 

7 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

This is a really bad look for you. You're getting really upset over a backup QB and taking it out on me because you aren't going to get your way. 

I really ain't mad at all. I had no problem picking someone else. But deflate your chest a bit and imagine who the real lazy one is. The guy who didn't read a list, or the guy who didn't add the players to his team to limit confusion. 

200_s.gif

Something about throwing stones in a glass house

I love how I'm supposed to be the lazy one because I'm not keeping track of the available players for you. I just keep an updated list of all available players I want. I actually do that for all of my fantasy leagues and I have yet to draft a player that has already been drafted. Here's a tip for the future: check the draft list and see if a player has been taken. Usually people do that to avoid taking a player that has already been drafted. You can avoid confusion using this method. 

33 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Something about throwing stones in a glass house

I love how I'm supposed to be the lazy one because I'm not keeping track of the available players for you. I just keep an updated list of all available players I want. I actually do that for all of my fantasy leagues and I have yet to draft a player that has already been drafted. Here's a tip for the future: check the draft list and see if a player has been taken. Usually people do that to avoid taking a player that has already been drafted. You can avoid confusion using this method. 

Everybody but you have been adding once they select their player. It makes it so much easier to see availability when looking at the available players feature ESPN so graciously gifts us with. 

I vote kick idog. Figuratively and literally ?

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I disagree.  With everyone.  Because that's what I do.

But seriously, adding players is pretty easy.  Just sayin'.

To be fair, if it's such a big deal maybe it should be made known to everyone that they're supposed to do that. Perhaps even make it a rule. I haven't ever needed to add players the second after I draft them in any other league, so I'm not really sure why it's a such a big deal and why people feel the need to attack me and call me lazy. I didn't avoid rushing to add Eli because I was lazy or because I didn't want to. I didn't rush to add him because I've never needed to add a player before the draft has finished and because no one informed me that I needed to do that so other people could ignore the draft thread and just use ESPN instead. Kind of eliminates the point of updating the draft thread if it's expected that it won't be used.

The whole player issue isn't that big of a deal, guys. 

I set set the league up so we can all add players to our own roster as we go. Keep in mind that the we're pretty much the only league on FF that does it this way (and the baseball league). It definitely helps the process. It's how we've operated for years. With that said, @IDOG_det hasn't been in this league for years. I don't think there's a need for a rule, and I don't think it's that big of a deal. Out of all the things that we could complain about during this draft, I can think of a few things far more frustrating than not picking up Eli Manning. Lets cut the kid a break. 

7 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

To be fair, if it's such a big deal maybe it should be made known to everyone that they're supposed to do that. Perhaps even make it a rule. I haven't ever needed to add players the second after I draft them in any other league, so I'm not really sure why it's a such a big deal and why people feel the need to attack me and call me lazy. I didn't avoid rushing to add Eli because I was lazy or because I didn't want to. I didn't rush to add him because I've never needed to add a player before the draft has finished and because no one informed me that I needed to do that so other people could ignore the draft thread and just use ESPN instead. Kind of eliminates the point of updating the draft thread if it's expected that it won't be used.

The truth is, it isn't a big deal.  As far as deals go, there aren't many smaller.  It was your response to FTW asking a reasonable question: "why aren't you adding players?"  Most responses likely would've been fine.  "I forgot", or "I didn't think about it because adding players before the end of the draft is new to me".  Instead, you created this issue by responding with an attitude.  "Sorry I didn't do it fast enough for your liking."  Putting the attitude aside, the response didn't really make sense, as 3 rounds in a LFFFKL draft can take weeks, and was at least days.

So, it's not a big deal.  The way you responded made it what it is right now.

5 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The truth is, it isn't a big deal.  As far as deals go, there aren't many smaller.  It was your response to FTW asking a reasonable question: "why aren't you adding players?"  Most responses likely would've been fine.  "I forgot", or "I didn't think about it because adding players before the end of the draft is new to me".  Instead, you created this issue by responding with an attitude.  "Sorry I didn't do it fast enough for your liking."  Putting the attitude aside, the response didn't really make sense, as 3 rounds in a LFFFKL draft can take weeks, and was at least days.

So, it's not a big deal.  The way you responded made it what it is right now.

Preach sista!

Time Slots for Tuesday September 5th

8:00 - 10:00: @Sllim Pickens
10:00 - 12:00: @FootballPhreak
12:00 - 2:00: @IDOG_det
2:00 - 4:00: @LionsFTW
4:00 - 6:00: @1King
6:00 - 8:00: @detroitlions72003
8:00 - 10:00: @TL-TwoWinsAway
10:00 - 12:00: @detfan782004

Time Slots for Wednesday September 6th

8:00 - 10:00: @RyanFuller003

**Check the draft thread to make up any missed picks

** Once @RyanFuller003makes his last pick and I finalize the draft the season will begin. 

**I'm waiting to hear back via PM from @1King

Archived