Cardinals sign LB Arthur Moats, S Tre Boston

TheKillerNacho

13 hours ago, Crickett said:

So which safety is put into the Tyrann Matthieu role, Boston or Budda Baker? 

Its probably not a role that will exist anymore given the complete schematic change happening right now.

5 minutes ago, khodder said:

Its probably not a role that will exist anymore given the complete schematic change happening right now.

Are the Cardinals going to use two deep safeties then?   Otherwise it seems like there were better destinations Tre Boston could have gone to. 

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

Are the Cardinals going to use two deep safeties then?   Otherwise it seems like there were better destinations Tre Boston could have gone to. 

I expect Boston will be playing more of the deep safety role while Baker is treated like a movable chess piece.

Arizona: The place where Steelers go to retire. I understood the connection when the Whiz and Arians were there but it seems to have been going on longer then that and is continuing. Is there some other connection between the two teams?  

5 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Arizona: The place where Steelers go to retire. I understood the connection when the Whiz and Arians were there but it seems to have been going on longer then that and is continuing. Is there some other connection between the two teams?  

Ron Rivera was a DC for the Chargers and linebackers coach I believe. Familiar with the concepts that the Steelers ran from coaching a flexible 3-4. Similarities or familiarities in concepts can usually be handed down or sought after from Head Coach to assistant and coordinator, as now Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks was once the defensive coordinator under Rivera in Carolina. Not directly a connection to the Steelers, but enough of a fit and need on both ends to make a signing like this make some sense.

Archived